Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation How to run Tez in HDP2.0 Beta?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Austin Chungath Vincent 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Trial User

Hi,

I’m trying out HDP with your latest HDP2.0.5 Beta. Do you know where I can find instructions for installing Tez and enabling it for Hive?

Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Hi,

The following page says that I can try out tez in with the sandbox VM

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop/tez/

The tutorials in the VM assumes that tez has been installed but I see it’s not installed.
    When I tried installing, the repos were broken. ( they were pointing to AWS repos, probably used while creating the VM )

I have removed the broken repos and am using the following documentation to install tez on the sandbox

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.4.0/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-tez.html

Am I on the right track?
    or is there another sandbox version out there that I can try which has tez installed?

Thanks,
    Austin

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

Tez will not be included in HDP 2.0 GA,
    I would need to look into this for you in more detail.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Trial User

Thanks Dave.

Would Tez be included in HDP2.0 GA? When would that be released?

I can confirm that both Hive logs and YARN web UI indicate that the Tez configurations in your HDP2.0.4 documentation are being set. However, Hive still uses MR2.

Appreciate any other suggestions.

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

I wouldn’t have expected the Hive version to change drastically from 2.04 and 2.0.5. It probably wasn’t tested, or we removed it for some reason. If it is in the GA version then it has been tested with the GA stack.

Have you checked Tez is running correctly & has the correct permissions etc.
    Have you looked in the log to see why it is kicking off a MR job?
    It sounds like it is not configured correctly.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Trial User

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the link. Yes I have looked at that. Those instructions are for HDP-2.0.4. I tried them for your latest HDP-2.0.5 Beta, and Hive queries still run in MapReduce, not Tez.

Do those instructions apply to HDP-2.0.5 as well since I don’t see them in the 2.0.5 docs?

Collapse
    Collapse

Trial User

Want to re-ping this thread. Any help?

Thanks.

Collapse
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)