Home Forums Security How to set execute permissions on windows

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Carroll 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bill Carroll
    Participant

Installed HDP 2.0 windows on windows server 2012 successfully and running simple wordcount mapreduce and get an exception from container-launch. Looking at syslog I see I have a FSPermissions check failure on the account, wcarroll, running wordcount. What is the proper configuration to give the user permission on windows? The wcarroll user is a member of HadoopUsers group.

Application application_1395680080745_0004 failed 2 times due to AM Container for appattempt_1395680080745_0004_000002 exited with exitCode: 1 due to: Exception from container-launch:
    org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException:
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:464)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:379)

2014-03-28 14:30:51,307 INFO [main] org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService: Service JobHistoryEventHandler failed in state INITED; cause: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnRuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=wcarroll, access=EXECUTE, inode=”/mapred”:hadoop:hdfs:drwxrwx—
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:234)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkTraverse(FSPermissionChecker.java:187)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:150)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkPermission(FSNamesystem.java:5193)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkPermission(FSNamesystem.java:5175)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkTraverse(FSNamesystem.java:5154)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getFileInfo(FSNamesystem.java:3295)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.getFileInfo(NameNodeRpcServer.java:749)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.getFileInfo(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:692)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:59628)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:585)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:928)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2053)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2049)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1491)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2047)

org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnRuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=wcarroll, access=EXECUTE, inode=”/mapred”:hadoop:hdfs:drwxrwx—

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Bill Carroll
    Participant

Thanks everyone! I created a local group named hdfs and added the local user hadoop to it and wordcount ran successful. Would be nice if the install created the group and added the user!

Collapse

Vinay Shukla
    Participant

Thanks to Timothee for great debugging. You can add a user to a group on Windows as follows.

net localgroup group_name UserLoginName /add

Collapse

Timothee Gautheron
    Participant

Hi Bill, i’m just another HDP user, but maybe I can help you with this.

You said “The wcaroll user is a member of HadoopUsers group” , okay, but by default this group is “hadoop” right ? Browsing you log, i saw that the folder you are trying to use with your “wcaroll” user is under this acl : ”/mapred”:hadoop:hdfs:drwxrwx—
    Meaning “hadoop” is the user, “hdfs” is the group. So of course “wcaroll” cannot access it, and since the default group is not set here you cannot access it through the group either.

Juste my 2cents.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)