Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation How to start over?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I seem to be hitting a brick wall with my attempt to install.

Can I bring my CentOS VM back to a “square one” condition to start the process over again?

Or do I need to get a clean CentOS VM? The latter is not really attractive — hoping some yum magic will be sufficient.

Jim

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

OK, let me know when you will be able to work on this again.
    I suggest to reinstall VM with all the prerequisites (SNMP) and start from the fresh, without any atomic repositories.

Sasha

Collapse

I noticed that puppet did not regenerate any certs. These were left behind and were not removed when I did a yum erase. So the re-install of puppet just left the existing certs in place.

I tried the puppet kick command and I see:

puppet kick jjscentos64
    Triggering jjscentos64
    Host jjscentos64 failed: Connection refused – connect(2)
    jjscentos64 finished with exit code 2
    Failed: jjscentos64

This happens regardless of whether hmc is started or not. Maybe this is normal.

The HMC web page DOES come up and the process to start creating a cluster seems available to me.

I am leaving my work location now for the weekend. Not sure if I will have a chance to continue this in the near future but I will keep you posted.

Collapse

Sasha J

Get rid of atomic repository and use CenOS repository.
    In current release you have to install SNMP packages manually.
    Just remove atomic repository, make sure you have CentOS repositories configured (yum repolist)
    and run “yum install net-snmp net-snmp-utils”

you could do this before or after HMC installation, it does not check for this dependency…
    but definitely BEFORE starting HMC

Sasha

Collapse

Do the versions of net-snmp and net-snmp-utils matter? I think these may be incompatible as well, perhaps I obtained them from the atomic repository that caused my php problems.

So will the yum install of hmc bring in the right versions of these? Or do I get them separately?

Collapse

Sasha J

OK, let us do it again.
    First of all, in your case hostname does not really matter, but as you can imagine, local domain is just something not real. Your choice, use it or not… I usually don’t.
    so, let us say we have hostname as jjscentos64 and the same name returned by both “hostname” and “hostname -f” commands.
    So, our /etc/hosts files contains the following line:
    10.41.5.53 jjscentos64

Now, do the following (in order):
    !!! Make sure you have net-snmp and net-snmp-utils installed. Without it HMC will fail.

service hmc stop
    yum erase hmc puppet (puppet needs to be removed in order to get fresh certificate on the place, referring to the correct node name)
    yum install hmc (this will also install puppet as a dependency and create all needed certificates)
    service hmc start

When it started, (it will show “Could not reliably determine the server’s fully qualified domain name, using 10.41.5.53 for ServerName”, just ignore this) point your browser to http://10.41.5.53/hmc/html

If you use “remote” browser and have set hosts file on windows to resolve node name (10.41.5.53 jjscentos64), you can also use http://jjscentos64/hmc/html.

Please, try and let me know of results.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)