Home Forums Hue Hue is broken and hangs on HDP 2.0.6

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 10 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Ricardo Colon
    Participant

I’ve installed HDP 2.0.6 using Ambari on CentOS 6.5.
    HDP 2.0 works except for Hue.

When I login into Hue for the first time, it just hangs for a few minutes.
    Then it gets into the Hue and says the following error “Could not create home directory”.
    None of the ui links works. The file browser lists a bunch of errors when I click on it.

I am wondering if it is some kind of permission error.

I followed all of the instructions here to prep HDP for Hue:

http://dev.hortonworks.com.s3.amazonaws.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.0.2/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-hue-2-1.html

Here is a copy of /var/log/hue/error.log:
    [18/Feb/2014 14:51:13 +0000] supervisor ERROR Exception in supervisor main loop
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/supervisor.py”, line 386, in main
    wait_loop(sups, options)
    File “/usr/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/supervisor.py”, line 396, in wait_loop
    time.sleep(1)
    File “/usr/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/supervisor.py”, line 218, in sig_handler
    raise SystemExit(“Signal %d received. Exiting” % signum)
    SystemExit: Signal 15 received. Exiting
    [18/Feb/2014 12:51:26 +0000] views ERROR Could not create home directory.
    File “/usr/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/auth/views.py”, line 122, in dt_login
    ensure_home_directory(request.fs, user.username)
    File “/usr/lib/hue/apps/useradmin/src/useradmin/views.py”, line 391, in ensure_home_directory
    fs.do_as_user(username, fs.create_home_dir, home_dir)
    File “/usr/lib/hue/desktop/libs/hadoop/src/hadoop/fs/webhdfs.py”, line 682, in do_as_user
    return fn(*args, **kwargs)
    File “/usr/lib/hue/desktop/libs/hadoop/src/hadoop/fs/hadoopfs.py”, line 241, in create_home_dir
    if not self.exists(home_path):
    File “/usr/lib/hue/desktop/libs/hadoop/src/hadoop/fs/webhdfs.py”, line 221, in exists
    return self._stats(path) is not None
    File “/usr/lib/hue/desktop/libs/hadoop/src/hadoop/fs/webhdfs.py”, line 209, in _stats
    raise ex
    WebHdfsException: <urlopen error [Errno 111] Connection refused>
    [18/Feb/2014 16:35:29 +0000] supervisor ERROR Exception in supervisor main loop
    File “/usr/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/supervisor.py”, line 386, in main
    wait_loop(sups, options)
    File “/usr/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/supervisor.py”, line 396, in wait_loop
    time.sleep(1)
    File “/usr/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/supervisor.py”, line 218, in sig_handler
    raise SystemExit(“Signal %d received. Exiting” % signum)
    SystemExit: Signal 15 received. Exiting

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Ricardo,

Please use the GA documentation to install Hue. You will find it under the RPM install guide.
    All the errors you are encountering are due to misconfiguration from the looks of things.

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.9.1/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-hue.html

Also ensure you have the correct repo (specified in the documentation)

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)