Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Install failure: Unable to execute 'jar uvf'. Error (1)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Seth Lyubich 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Burt Harris

I’m hitting an error I don’t understand while running the installer:

OOZIE: Copy Oozie additional Jars
    OOZIE: Calling Setup script to add Hadoop libs to the generated oozie.war file
    OOZIE FAILURE: Unable to execute 'jar uvf'. Error (1)
    At C:\hdp\oozie-3.3.2.1.3.0.0-0380\oozie-win-distro\bin\oozie-setup.ps1:153 char:9
    + throw "Unable to execute 'jar uvf'. Error ($LASTEXITCODE)"
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WINPKG FAILURE: OOZIE: Logging to existing log C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Burt,

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to resolve your issue and trying HDP on Windows. This seems to be similar to http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/hdp-1-3-for-windows-installation-on-azure-win-server-2012-fails/ .

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Burt Harris

Fixed. This turned out to be due to a error in configuring the JAVA_HOME environment variable.

I had set JAVA_HOME to “dir C:\software\Java\jre6″ which generated the above error. By changing it to “dir C:\software\Java\jre6″, the installer picks up a different tool to implement the jar command.

Collapse

Burt Harris

I’m guessing there should be a “-” in front of “uvf” in the oozie-setup.ps1 script. It’s a switch to the Jar command, right?

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)