Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Install HDP on OEL 5.5 v1.0 ?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jeff Scott

Is it possible to install HDP on Operating System : OEL 5.5 v1.0 – 64 Bit?

Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

Jeff,
    Ambari requires postgresql 8.x
    It does not support 9.0 as of today.
    You should resolve all the dependencies for 8.x in order to have Ambari installed an run.
    In general, if you have all the repositories configured correctly, ambari should resolve all the dependencies automaticaly and install all needed packages.

Please, remove your manually installed postgres 9.0 and run “yum install ambari-server” again.
    Post all the error messages here.
    Make sure you set repositories correctly before running yum install…

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Jeff Scott

To anwer Sasha’s question, I got the error:

Error: Missing Dependency: postgresql-server >= 8.1 is needed by package ambari-server-1.2.0.1-1.noarch (AMBARI-1.x)

Collapse

Jeff Scott

Not sure where my last post went. I was not able to install Postgresql 8.x due to dependencies, but I was able to install, start, and initdb 9.0. However, when issuing the command “yum install ambari-server”, an error is returned saying it can’t find the postgresql-server service… 9.0 runs with a service name like postgress9.0-server. Can HDP run with Postgresql 9.0?

Collapse

Sasha J

Jeff,
    you should not install anything manually…
    postgres should be installed automatically as a dependency for Ambari server.
    What is the problems in installing it?
    Why you install postgres manually?

Thank you !
    Sasha

Collapse

Jeff Scott

I was unable to install Postgresql 8.x but was successful installing 9.0. Unfortunately, the ambari-server setup seems to be looking for a service called “postgresql” while 9.0 runs as “postgresql-server-9.0″ Is there a way for it to to use 9.0?

Collapse

Sasha J

You should have system repositories configured and accessible.
    Or, you can install postgres manually if you like.
    Also, make sure names are correctly resolved for your nodes.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Jeff Scott

I’ll let you know. I am getting an error installing from the instructions at:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.2.0/bk_using_Ambari_book/content/ambari-chap2.1.1.html

Step 2.1.1.3 Running the Installer/Set Up the Bits/1.1. RHEL/CentOS 5.x/Install the Ambari bits using yum. This also installs PostgreSQL:

yum install ambari-server

Error: Missing Dependency: postgresql-server >= 8.1 is needed by package ambari-server-1.2.0.1-1.noarch (AMBARI-1.x)

Collapse

Sasha J

Jeff,
    OEL means Oracle Enterprise Linux, right?
    It is not officially sup[ported, but as it based on RedHat installation may be successful.
    I just made successful 3 node install on Scientific Linux, which is also RedHat based and not officially supported.

Please, try it, and let us know about the results.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)