Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Install HUE (HortonSandbox)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Javier ..

Hi.

I installed HDP correctly, but to my surprise, it not possible install HUE that comes with the sandbox. Is it possible to install it easily?

Regards

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Zuhair,

It is good to hear that you got it working, and are willing to share your experience with others.

Thanks again,
    Ted.

Collapse

zuhair attya

hi Javier,
    I have tried exactly what you are intedning to do.. spent lots of time on the manual installation as, sadly, HW documenations contains bugs..
    i installed HUE on top of my HDP single node using the documentation available on Cloudera site… but did not manage to run the JobTracker page (thrift policy) as some Plug-in Jar files are not compatible… so I had to steel the ones on the Sandbox and copy them to my HDP node.. and it worked.
    feel free to contact me if you are interested… my timin is GMT +3.. so the reply might by a bit late if you are not in my time region..
    cheers.

Zuhair

Collapse

zuhair attya

HUE can only be installed on a manually installed cluster, if using ambari then no luck to install it.. that’s as far as i came to know..

Collapse

Larry Liu

HI, Javier,

HUE will be available in HDP next release.

Thanks

Larry

Collapse

Javier ..

Hi Sasha:

Thanks for your comment. Sorry if my comment isn’t clear, I want to install HUE in my HDP cluster, ¿it’s possible?
    Is there any documentation? I’ve looked at the documentation on the project but it is insufficient.

Regards

Collapse

Sasha J

Javier,
    it is not clear what is your intent…
    HUE is NOT a part of HDP, it is only included in Sandbox.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)