Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Install – Not seeing cluster file

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yi Zhang 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Installing it on Windows 2008 R2.

Log file after MSI runs:

CAQuietExec: powershell.exe : No Cluster Properties file found, make sure the file \cluster.
    CAQuietExec: properties exists
    CAQuietExec: At C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\winpkg.ps1:118 char:23
    CAQuietExec: + $out = powershell.exe <<<&1
    CAQuietExec: + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (No Cluster Prop…operties exists
    CAQuietExec: :String) , RemoteException
    CAQuietExec: + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError
    CAQuietExec:
    CAQuietExec: and contains the current cluster layout
    CAQuietExec: At C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg\scripts\uninstall.ps1:
    CAQuietExec: 25 char:14
    CAQuietExec: + throw <<<< "No Cluster Properties file found, make sure the file $EN
    CAQuietExec: V:HDP_LAYOUT exists and contains the current cluster layout"
    CAQuietExec: + CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (No Cluster Prop… cluster la
    CAQuietExec: yout:String) , RuntimeException
    CAQuietExec: + FullyQualifiedErrorId : No Cluster Properties file found, make sure the
    CAQuietExec: file \cluster.properties exists and contains the current cluster layout

MSI I'm running:
    msiexec /i "c:\hdpinst\hdp-1.1.0-160.winpkg.msi" /lv "c:\HDPINST\HDPINST.txt" HDP_LAYOUT="c:\config\clusterproperties.txt" HDP_DIR="c:\hdp" DESTROY_DATA="yes"

the c:\config\clusterproperties.txt is definitely there and contains the following:

#Log directory
    HDP_LOG_DIR=c:\hadoop\logs

#Data directory
    HDP_DATA_DIR=c:\hdp\data

#Hosts
    NAMENODE_HOST=demoad.rosie.torver.net
    SECONDARY_NAMENODE_HOST=demoad.rosie.torver.net
    JOBTRACKER_HOST=demoad.rosie.torver.net
    HIVE_SERVER_HOST=demoad.rosie.torver.net
    OOZIE_SERVER_HOST=demoad.rosie.torver.net
    TEMPLETON_HOST=demoad.rosie.torver.net
    SLAVE_HOSTS=demon1.rosie.torver.net, demon2.rosie.torver.net, demon3.rosie.torver.net

#Database host
    DB_FLAVOR=mssql
    DB_HOSTNAME=hadoopdb.rosie.torver.net
    DB_PORT=2323

#Hive properties
    HIVE_DB_NAME=hive
    HIVE_DB_USERNAME=hadoop_hive
    HIVE_DB_PASSWORD=hive

#Oozie properties
    OOZIE_DB_NAME=oozie
    OOZIE_DB_USERNAME=hadoop_oozie
    OOZIE_DB_PASSWORD=oozie

Am running the MSI in a cmd prompt that was started as Run as Administrator

Any ideas?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Yi Zhang

Hi Tony,

As of this version, if hadoop users already exist the installation will fail. And this version does not support AD users.

Thanks,

Yi

Collapse

Yi Zhang

Hi Tony,

Thanks for pointing the documentation error out. It shall be fixed.

Yi.

Collapse

Thanks Yi – I’ve installed it on a member server; the other server as the Domain Controller (AD) – I’d suspect you can’t install on the AD.

The point about not having hdp\data in the hdp directory – you need to update the manual (http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-Win-1.1/bk_installing_hdp_for_windows/content/win-install-chap2-2.html) because that is where I got the details from for that, the examples there are wrong.

If you need the output file from DEMONAD (The dc with the install prob) then let me know and I’ll pass along; but – yes, everything was set up as per instructions JAVA_HOME, path etc.

Cheers, Tony.

Collapse

Yi Zhang

Hi Tony,

Have you set up the JAVA_HOME environment variable and add python to the PATH? The part of your log does not suggest it has checked those.

Also your install setup

msiexec /i “c:\hdpinst\hdp-1.1.0-160.winpkg.msi” /lv “c:\HDPINST\HDPINST.txt” HDP_LAYOUT=”c:\config\clusterproperties.txt” HDP_DIR=”c:\hdp” DESTROY_DATA=”yes”

will fail because the ‘HDP_DATA_DIR=C:\hdp\data’ can not be inside the HDP_DIR=”c:\hdp”

I would recommend using windows control panel to uninstall HDP if it is already there, make sure JAVA_PATH and PATH are all set correctly, double check the quotes, run powershell 64bit, change the msiexec settings and test again.

If it still fails after all those, can you send us the whole install log file through here

http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/hmc-installation-support-help-us-help-you/

Thanks,

Collapse

Thank Yi for getting back so quickly.

Yep – the more in powershell shows the file.

Here’s some more lines:

MSI (s) (0C:4C) [21:56:27:582]: Created Custom Action Server with PID 564 (0×234).
    MSI (s) (0C:D0) [21:56:27:599]: Running as a service.
    MSI (s) (0C:D0) [21:56:27:616]: Hello, I’m your 32bit Impersonated custom action server.
    CAQuietExec:
    CAQuietExec: C:\Windows\SysWOW64>echo “BOOTSTRAP: Setting WINPKG_LOG to c:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-1.1.0.winpkg.uninstall.log”
    CAQuietExec: “BOOTSTRAP: Setting WINPKG_LOG to c:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-1.1.0.winpkg.uninstall.log”
    CAQuietExec:
    CAQuietExec: C:\Windows\SysWOW64>SET WINPKG_LOG=c:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-1.1.0.winpkg.uninstall.log
    CAQuietExec:
    CAQuietExec: C:\Windows\SysWOW64>echo “BOOTSTRAP: Setting WINPKG_BIN to c:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\”
    CAQuietExec: “BOOTSTRAP: Setting WINPKG_BIN to c:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\”
    CAQuietExec:
    CAQuietExec: C:\Windows\SysWOW64>SET WINPKG_BIN=c:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\
    CAQuietExec:
    CAQuietExec: C:\Windows\SysWOW64>call c:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\\winpkg.cmd “c:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\\..\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg.zip” uninstall -Verbose
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: Logging to existing log c:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-1.1.0.winpkg.uninstall.log
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: ENV:WINPKG_BIN is c:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: Setting Environment::CurrentDirectory to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: Current Directory: C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: Package: c:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\\..\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg.zip
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: Action: uninstall
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: Action arguments:
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: Run-WinpkgAction c:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\\..\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg.zip C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages uninstall
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: UNZIP: source C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg.zip
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: UNZIP: destination C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: UNZIP: unzipRoot C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: Unzip of C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg.zip to C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages succeeded
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: UnzipRoot: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg
    CAQuietExec: WINPKG: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg\scripts\uninstall.ps1
    CAQuietExec: HDP: Reading HDP layout from
    CAQuietExec: powershell.exe : No Cluster Properties file found, make sure the file \cluster.
    CAQuietExec: properties exists

Collapse

Yi Zhang

Hi Tony,

In powershell if you do ‘more C:\config\clusterproperties.txt’ does it work? Can you post more lines surrounding that error?

Thanks,
    Yi

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)