Hive / HCatalog Forum

Install Tez in HDP 2.0.6 for using it in Hive

I have a development cluster with HDP 2.0.6 installed with Ambari and I want to install Tez to use it in Hive.

From what I saw in the manual installation instructions for previous version I am supposed to install Tez via yum. But when I search for this package it is not present in the HDP repo for version 2.0.6 and when I look in the documentation for this version there is no reference to Tez.

Can anyone tell me how to install and enable Tez in Hive for this HDP version?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author

Hi, can anyone please tell me if this is posible?

Should I ask this in another forum?

Luis Sisamon

Hi Juan did you ever get this to work?

No, a couple of other things came up and I did not have the chance.

According to this post it can be installed following the instructions in the following Apache Tez page:

But it seems it won’t be too straight forward with the HDP distribution and algo I don’t know how Ambari would interact with it.

Same problem here, I’m trying to install tez from 2.0.4 repo as it isn’t in the 2.0.6
    I think that Ambari from 2.0.6 won’t see that tez installation.

Can you give me an URL where I can read the reasons for not include tez in 2.0.6 repo? Has it merged with YARN or MR2 in this version?

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.