Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Installation error in downloaded Add-on HortonworksHiveODBC64.msi

Pramod Tomar

Hi Team,

I want to try my hand on Visualizing website clickstream data. But, while trying to install the HortonworksHiveODBC64.msi package on windows 7 64 bit system, I observed the following message:

“The installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this a valid windows installer package.”

I also observed that the file size is around 8.0MB. But, the downloaded one is of 12.0 KB. I tried to resolve this issue by downloading fresh .msi file several times. Please help.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Adil Kaleem

Hi Pramod,

It’s only obvious that your package didn’t downloaded correctly. Re download the correct package and try to reinstall. I did and the full process of installation is self explanatory. Then you can set up your Data Sources from Control Panel>Administrative Tools.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.