Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Installation error – Using Ambari

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sivagamasundari Veerabahu 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I am getting the below error while trying to install hadoop using Ambari on a Linux RHEL-5.8 machine.
    I followed the instructions exactly as in the documentation , After I copied the repo , tried to install
    sudo cp ambari.repo /etc/yum.repos.d
    sudo yum install epel-release
    I get the below error
    http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.16/repos/centos5/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 12] Timeout:
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.16. Please verify its path and try again

Any advice will be really helpful

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Installation error – Using Ambari’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Out network guys opened up the proxy for us to retrieve it.After which it worked.. But like I mentioned in the other thread I am stuck again on server setup / start

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

How did you get on in the end?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

I did a wget which executed successfully to download the repo. So I was under the impression that the internet is good.
    I tried the ping and it seems to be hanging…Looks like some setting within our company blocking it.
    Thanks for the response.. I will check with the system config and update this.
    Again, I really appreciate your response.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Sivagamasundari,

Does your machine have internet access? Can you ping public-repo-1.hortonworks.com ?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)