Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Installation Error

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff Sposetti 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Rohit Pujari

Hello Folks:
    I’m using hortonworks ambari installer. I’m at install start and test phase of the wizard. Apparently the status gets stuck at 3%. When I check the log of ambari server, I get following error –
    com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 2116
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING

I’m not able to get around this error. Can you please help.

Thanks,
    Rohit

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Jeff Sposetti

Hi Rohit,

You might have hit this bug, which is fixed in Ambari 1.4.2.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-3792

Ambari 1.4.2 has been released and is available:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.8.0/bk_using_Ambari_book/content/ambari-chap1-1.html

Can you retry with the newer Ambari release?

Thanks,

Jeff

Collapse

Rohit Pujari

Hello Jeff and Dave:

The ambari server version is 1.4.1.61
    I have verfied the forward and reverse dns lookups are working correctly. I can log in between nodes using FQDN and IP. Also, all hosts are mentioned in /etc/hosts file

Here is the specific error I get from /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 3442
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:176)
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.read(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:40)
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:81)
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:60)
    —–
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 3442
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.expect(JsonReader.java:339)
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.beginObject(JsonReader.java:322)
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:165)
    … 54 more

Collapse

Rohit Pujari

Hello Jeff and Dave:

The ambari server version is 1.4.1.61
    I have verfied the forward and reverse dns lookups are working correctly. I can log in between nodes using FQDN and IP. Also, all hosts are mentioned in /etc/hosts file

Here is the specific error I get from /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 3442
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:176)
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.read(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:40)
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:81)
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:60)
    —–
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 3442
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.expect(JsonReader.java:339)
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.beginObject(JsonReader.java:322)
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:165)
    … 54 more

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Also, can you confirm which version of ambari you are using? Thank you.

ambari-server –version

Collapse

Dave

Hi Rohit,

Do you have reverse DNS lookup configured correctly?
    As force of habit I always add the IP and hostname of all the nodes into the /etc/hosts of each machine.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)