HDP on Windows – Installation Forum

Installation Failure for Hdp1.3

Ishaq Baig

I am following the single node windows installation instructions in the link below

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-Win-1.3.0/bk_installing_hdp_for_windows/content/win-chap2-singlenode.html

Installed all the prerequisites and configured the environmental variables as per the instructions using below commnads
    1) msiexec /qn /norestart /log c:\prereqs\python-2.7.5.log /i python-2.7.5.amd64.msi
    2) c:\prereqs\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe /q /norestart /log c:\prereqs\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe
    3) C:\prereqs\vcredist_x64.exe /q /norestart
    4) C:\prereqs\jdk-6u31-windows-x64.exe /qn /norestart /log C:\prereqs\jdk-6u31-windows-x64.log INSTALLDIR=C:\java

Java_Home set properly.

Machine Configuration – Windows 2008 r2 64 bit server (Virtual Machine using VMware 9)

When I run the installation command
    msiexec /i “hdp-1.3.0.0.winpkg.msi” /lv “hdp.log” HDP_LAYOUT=”c:\config\clusterproperties.txt” HDP_DIR=”c:\hdp\hadoop” DESTROY_DATA=”no”

I am getting an error ” Installation failed”

The log reports
    Installation success or error status: 1603.

Message from the hdp-1.3.0.0.winpkg.install LOG FILE
    ——————————————————-
    HDP: Reading HDP layout from C:\config\clusterproperties.txt
    HDP FAILURE: For DB_FLAVOR derby the DB_HOSTNAME should be the same as HIVE_SERVER_HOST

At D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.3.0.0-winpkg\scripts\InstallApi.psm1:253 char:18
    + throw <<<< "For DB_FLAVOR derby the DB_HOSTNAME should be the same as HIVE_SERVER_HOST"

——————————————————
    Please find the clusterproperties file for review
    #Log directory
    HDP_LOG_DIR=C:\hadoop\logs

#Data directory
    HDP_DATA_DIR=C:\hdp\data

#Hosts
    NAMENODE_HOST=WIN2008VM
    SECONDARY_NAMENODE_HOST=WIN2008VM
    JOBTRACKER_HOST=WIN2008VM
    HIVE_SERVER_HOST=WIN2008VM
    OOZIE_SERVER_HOST=WIN2008VM
    WEBHCAT_HOST=WIN2008VM
    FLUME_HOSTS=WIN2008VM
    HBASE_MASTER=WIN2008VM
    HBASE_REGIONSERVERS=WIN2008VM
    ZOOKEEPER_HOSTS=WIN2008VM
    SLAVE_HOSTS=WIN2008VM

#Database host
    DB_FLAVOR=derby
    DB_HOSTNAME=WIN2008VM

#Hive properties
    HIVE_DB_NAME=hive
    HIVE_DB_USERNAME=hive
    HIVE_DB_PASSWORD=hive

#Oozie properties
    OOZIE_DB_NAME=oozie
    OOZIE_DB_USERNAME=oozie
    OOZIE_DB_PASSWORD=oozie8

Thanks & Regards

Ishaq

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Ishaq Baig

I had 2 network cards enabled. I disabled the Microsoft loopback adapter. And The Installation was successful.

Thanks & Regards

Ishaq

Seth Lyubich

Hi Ishaq,

Thank you for trying HDP 1.3 on Windows and letting us know that your issue is resolved.

Thanks,
    Seth

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.