Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Installation Failure HDP 2.0 Win Server 2012 unknown reason for failure

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

ProggerJoe
    Participant

Hello,

I could need some help. While installing the ‘hdp-2.0.6.0.winpkg’ msi file. The installation fails after setting the parameters in the GUI. It aborts and prompts, that the issue should be investigated in the log file. Unfortunately the file is full of failure messages. The first two are the following ones. Does anyone have a clue what I should do to fix it? Am I actually looking at the right place for the failure in the log file?
    Any help is welcome. I am getting desperate at the third day of trail and error, browsing the net for a snippet of help.

HADOOP: Adding service namenode
    HADOOP: C:\Windows\system32\sc.exe failure namenode reset= 30 actions= restart/5000
    [SC] ChangeServiceConfig2 SUCCESS
    HADOOP: C:\Windows\system32\sc.exe config namenode start= demand
    [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS
    HADOOP: sc sdshow namenode

D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
    HADOOP: Current SD: D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
    HADOOP: Modifying SD to: D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)(A;;RPWPCR;;;AU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
    HADOOP: sc sdset namenode D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)(A;;RPWPCR;;;AU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
    [SC] SetServiceObjectSecurity SUCCESS
    HADOOP: Creating service “secondarynamenode” as c:\hdp\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009\bin\secondarynamenode.exe
    HADOOP: copy /Y “C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\resources\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009.winpkg\resources\serviceHost.exe” “c:\hdp\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009\bin\secondarynamenode.exe”
    1 file(s) copied.
    HADOOP: Adding service secondarynamenode
    HADOOP: C:\Windows\system32\sc.exe failure secondarynamenode reset= 30 actions= restart/5000
    [SC] ChangeServiceConfig2 SUCCESS
    HADOOP: C:\Windows\system32\sc.exe config secondarynamenode start= demand
    [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS
    HADOOP: sc sdshow secondarynamenode

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Joe

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Joe,

Can you run the installer by the following command:
    msiexec /i “<$MSI_PATH>” /lv “<$PATH_to_Installer_Log_File>” HDP_LAYOUT=”<$PATH_to_clusterproperties.txt_File>” HDP_DIR=”<$PATH_to_HDP_Install_Dir>” DESTROY_DATA=”<Yes_OR_No>”

Can you then look in the logfile which you specify by /lv ?
    The clusterproperties.txt file will contain what you set in the GUI – but the logfile should contain information as to what went wrong.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)