HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

Installation of teradata connector from Linux

Hi all,
    I’m totally new to Hadoop and I’ve started evaluating Hortonworks for my project requirements.
    I need to import some data from Teradata into HDP for analysis.
    I’ve got HDP sandbox running on my windows 7 laptop (HDP runs on Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager)
    I downloaded the Hadoop connector for Teradata from HortonWorks’ “AddOns”
    I have the file on Windows machine – I need to move the tar.gz from Windows to my Linux to install it -approach1
    or I think I can use some curl command to download the software from hortonworks website-approach 2
    Could you help me with either of this approach ?
    And I understand that this question is bit silly – it would great – if someone could help me in this

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author

Hi Jerome,

You should be able to use a SFTP/FTP client to put the files onto the sandbox – like filezilla
    Otherwise you can get the link from the hortonworks website and use “wget URL_OF_CONNECTOR”

Thanks Dave.
    There is something called “sharing of Drives” – SO I was ale to share a drive and access the files from my Windows machine on the virtual Linux environment.

Rupert Bailey

there’s TDCH and HCT I’ve used TDCH and the help file within it explains what to install and run it. The file has a couple of errors in it and I recall there was one extra jar that you needed to install.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.