Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Internet Explorer cannot disaply the web page after installing Sandbox

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tapan Desai 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Tapan Desai

Hello

I downloaded and installed Hortonworks Sandbox 2 for VMWare on my win 8 machine. It installed successfully and started. I can now see Login screen in VM, I was able to open site in browser and run through couple of tutorials & presentations but when I click on “Go To Sandbox”, its only bring left panel with Tutorials and giving “Internet Explorer cannot display the web page” error in right side.

Can you please help me point me to right directions?

Thanks,
    Tapan Desai

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Internet Explorer cannot disaply the web page after installing Sandbox’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Tapan Desai

Hi Dave,

It worked. Sorry for last reply. I open this in Chrome and now I can get into Sandbox.

Thanks again for your help.
    Tapan

Collapse

Dave

HI Tapan,

What page do you land on using port 80?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Tapan Desai

Hi Dave,

No, if I go to IP address without port than works fine but as soon as I add port 8000, its gives me page cannot be displayed..

Thanks,
    Tapan Desai

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Please note that Sandbox does not support IE 10. If you are using IE10, please try another version of IE, Chome or Firefox.

Collapse

Tapan Desai

Hi Dave,

No, when I go to 8000 port getting same error.

Thanks,
    Tapan Desai

Collapse

Dave

Hi Tapan,

If you use the IP address which the sandbox gets, and go to http://IPADDRESS:8000 are you able to get a login page?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)