Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Internet Explorer cannot disaply the web page after installing Sandbox

Tapan Desai

Hello

I downloaded and installed Hortonworks Sandbox 2 for VMWare on my win 8 machine. It installed successfully and started. I can now see Login screen in VM, I was able to open site in browser and run through couple of tutorials & presentations but when I click on “Go To Sandbox”, its only bring left panel with Tutorials and giving “Internet Explorer cannot display the web page” error in right side.

Can you please help me point me to right directions?

Thanks,
    Tapan Desai

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Dave

Hi Tapan,

If you use the IP address which the sandbox gets, and go to http://IPADDRESS:8000 are you able to get a login page?

Thanks

Dave

Tapan Desai

Hi Dave,

No, when I go to 8000 port getting same error.

Thanks,
    Tapan Desai

Cheryle Custer

Please note that Sandbox does not support IE 10. If you are using IE10, please try another version of IE, Chome or Firefox.

Tapan Desai

Hi Dave,

No, if I go to IP address without port than works fine but as soon as I add port 8000, its gives me page cannot be displayed..

Thanks,
    Tapan Desai

Dave

HI Tapan,

What page do you land on using port 80?

Thanks

Dave

Tapan Desai

Hi Dave,

It worked. Sorry for last reply. I open this in Chrome and now I can get into Sandbox.

Thanks again for your help.
    Tapan

The topic ‘Internet Explorer cannot disaply the web page after installing Sandbox’ is closed to new replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.