Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Invalid Base URL for downloading the stack software packages

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Terry T 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Terry T
    Participant

Hi, Hugo,
    i retried this on monday and i was able to finally connect. if this wasn’t going to work i would have pursued setting up a local repositiory.
    good luck, terry

Collapse

Hugo Schieck
    Participant

Hello,

Was this issue resolved? I’m having the exact same issue today.

Collapse

Terry T
    Participant

thanks your response!
    as of this morning, the repo is still not working. interesting thing…

in the ambari install wizard it shows: public-repo-1.hortonworks.com//HDP/centos6/2.x/updates/2.0.6.0 which does not work. And it doesn’t work when trying to go to this url via the browser.

But it will go to the repository if you use this url from your browser: http://s3.amazonaws.com/public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/index.html#/HDP/centos6/2.x/updates/2.0.6.0. is this a bug? should the hdp.repo use this as teh baseurl? was teh repo moved to s3 and not updated in teh installer?

anyone have any ideas?

Collapse

Vinay Sudhakaran
    Participant

Hi Terry,
    I tried the next day and it worked just fine for me. Maybe the repo is temporarily unavailable, try after sometime.

Collapse

Terry T
    Participant

Hi, I am seeing the exact same thing. Ambari installed perfectly but am getting the same base URL error.
    Did you fix this issue?

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)