Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Invalid URI for NameNode address

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vishwanath S 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Ian Matthews
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to install HDP. Initially I tried to install using Ambari but I was getting an error:
    Could not access base URL http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/2.x/updates/2.0.10.0

I then tried to install manually but at section 4.1 in the install guide, Format and Start HDFS, when I try and start the namenode I get the following error:

2014-04-16 15:27:42,429 INFO [main] impl.MetricsSystemImpl (MetricsSystemImpl.java:start(183)) – NameNode metrics system started
    2014-04-16 15:27:43,353 FATAL [main] namenode.NameNode (NameNode.java:main(1325)) – Exception in namenode join
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid URI for NameNode address (check fs.defaultFS): file:/// has no authority.
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.getAddress(NameNode.java:347)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.getAddress(NameNode.java:335)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.getRpcServerAddress(NameNode.java:388)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.loginAsNameNodeUser(NameNode.java:471)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize(NameNode.java:483)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:684)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:669)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:1254)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:1320)
    2014-04-16 15:27:43,358 INFO [main] util.ExitUtil (ExitUtil.java:terminate(124)) – Exiting with status 1

I have currently set-up the server on one machine, and have set the namenode abd secondarynamenode to be the same machine in hdfs-site.xml

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Ian

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Vishwanath S
    Participant

Make sure you have set the HADOOP_PREFIX variable correctly as indicated in the link: http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html

Even i faced the same issue as yours and it got rectified by setting this variable

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)