Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox IP fails to update

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bonnie Rush 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bonnie Rush

Hi all,

When I start up the Sandbox VM, it always fails to update the IP address. Once the machine has finished booting up, it displays my ipv6 loopback address to initiate the Sandbox session with. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

br

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Bonnie Rush

Carter, thanks for your concern. Yes, now it works.

Collapse

Carter Shanklin
    Participant

Bonnie, did it work after you made those changes?

Collapse

Bonnie Rush

Ok–This is what I was getting: http://::ffff:127.0.0.1/ However, what I found is that I truly had not followed the instructions closely. My problem in configuring the two adapters within Virtual Box was that I had made both of them “Host-only Adapters”. But, only the first one needs to be host only && have DHCP enabled. The second one, though, is NAT && DHCP is not enabled.

Collapse

Carter Shanklin
    Participant

Bonnie can you post a screenshot or the exact text of what you see? Is it really showing fe80::1 as the address to connect to?

Are you using VirtualBox or VMware? If VirtualBox can you verify DHCP is on within VirtualBox network settings?

Thanks,

Collapse

Adam Diaz

not sure what virtualization platform you are using but you should follow the suggested platforms and the instructions posted when you download the sandbox. Usually the failure to update the IP has to do with the line “dhclient” in the startup script that grabs a dynamic IP from your DHCP server (if you have setup the NICs correctly). I would review the instructions closely and try again.

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)