Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Blake Russo 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Blake Russo
    Participant

Also in the tutorial this is to be run on a local NTP server and not on the server your configuring in the tutorial.

You put this in iptables on a local NTP server to accept udp traffic inbound from the server your configuring in the tutorial I believe.

Collapse

Blake Russo
    Participant

David, it appears that your iptables command is invalid and does not match an iptables chain, match or target.

Your iptable command looks to be failing because “RH-Firewall-1-INPUT” is not a valid ip tables chain. Your match (-m) and target (-j) look correct.

You can view configured chains via CLI command iptables -L
    Verify there is a chain matching RH-Firewall-1-INPUT which your command says is the name of the chain that isn’t matching.

Typical chains would be INPUT, OUTPUT, and FORWARD that I typically see but there can be others and user defined chains as well.
    You can create a new user defined chain to append the iptable entry to by using the iptables -N <chain name> command if you need a new one but I think in this scenario if “RH-Firewall-1-INPUT” is not listed as a valid chain you could substitute just the INPUT chain so the entry would start as “iptables -A INPUT -s …” instead.

I would write this like so;
    Iptables INPUT -s 192.168.1.0/24 -m state –state NEW -p udp -dport 123 -j ACCEPT

Hope this helps.

Blake Russo / Blake.Russo@outlook.com

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)