Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Is Tez installed in the Sandbox 2.0 ?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Austin Chungath Vincent 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

The following page says that I can try tez using the sandbox

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop/tez/

But the last time I tried I couldn’t run tez , even after I installed tez, because of some protobuf error.
    Is tez installed in this version of the sandbox?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Hi Dave,

I got in touch with the Apache Tez user mailing list. It seems that the tez rpms in the hortonworks repo is old. Please let me know if someone has got tez working on the sandbox using “yum” – I couldn’t.
    I built Tez from source and it’s working now.
    For other’s who face this problem, you can read the mail chain here: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-tez-user/201311.mbox/browser

Thanks,
    Austin

Collapse

Dave

Hi Austin,

The error you see is because it cannot find a library / jar in the CLASSPATH
    NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/yarn/service/CompositeService

I would suggest you ensure that your classpath is set correctly and that the yarn libraries exist in the directories.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Hi Dave,

I checked and those properties are set.
    I ran the yarn hadoop examples and they run.
    I did a couple of echo statements in the startup script for tez “tez-daemon.sh” and the following are the exact statements that start the service. I still encounter the same error that I posted earlier.

cd /usr/lib/tez
    nohup nice -n 0 /usr/jdk64/jdk1.6.0_31/bin/java -Xmx1024m -Dtez.log.dir=/usr/lib/tez/logs -Dtez.log.file=tez-root-ampoolservice-sandbox.hortonworks.com.log -Dtez.home.dir=/usr/lib/tez -Dtez.id.str=root -Dtez.root.logger=INFO,RFA org.apache.tez.ampool.AMPoolService –cli > /usr/lib/tez/logs/tez-root-ampoolservice-sandbox.hortonworks.com.out 2>&1 < /dev/null &

THE CLASSPATH is : /etc/tez/conf:/usr/lib/tez//*:/usr/lib/tez/lib/*:/etc/hadoop/conf:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/./:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/.//*:/etc/hadoop/conf:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/./:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/.//*::/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java-5.1.17.jar:/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/*:/usr/lib/tez/*:/usr/lib/tez/lib/*:/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java-5.1.17.jar:/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/*:/usr/lib/tez/*:/usr/lib/tez/lib/*

Collapse

Dave

Hi Austin,

Can you check the following variables & properties are set:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-mapreduce-project/INSTALL

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Hi Dave,
    I tried installing as per http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.0.2/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-tez.html
    but I get the following error. Any pointers as to where I might be going wrong?

/usr/lib/tez/sbin/tez-daemon.sh start ampoolservice
    /usr/lib/tez/conf:/usr/lib/tez//*:/usr/lib/tez/lib/*:/etc/hadoop/conf:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/./:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/.//*:/etc/hadoop/conf:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/./:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/.//*:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/*:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/.//*::/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java-5.1.17.jar:/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/*:/usr/lib/tez/*:/usr/lib/tez/lib/*:/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java-5.1.17.jar:/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar:/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/*:/usr/lib/tez/*:/usr/lib/tez/lib/*
    starting ampoolservice, logging to /usr/lib/tez/logs/tez-root-ampoolservice-sandbox.hortonworks.com.out
    Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/yarn/service/CompositeService
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    … 12 more
    Could not find the main class: org.apache.tez.ampool.AMPoolService. Program will exit.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Austin,

No, Tez is not installed as part of the sandbox. You can configure the repo and install & configure it by following the documentation for the manual install.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)