The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

HBase Forum

Issue while installing RHbase

anups

Hi,
    I was trying to setup RHBase in CentOS. Done with Thrift setup .Everything is fine .I downloaded rhbase (1.1.1) tar and when i execute command – R CMD INSTALL rhbase_1.1.1.tar.gz i receive errors .PFA error
    installing to library ‘/usr/lib64/R/library’
    * installing *source* package ‘rhbase’ …
    ** libs
    g++ -m64 -I/usr/include/R -DNDEBUG -I/usr/local/include -I. -g -DHAVE_UINTPTR_T -DHAVE_NETDB_H=1 -fpermissive -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H -DHAVE_NETINET_IN_H -I./gen_cpp `pkg-config –cflags thrift` -Wall -fpic -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector –param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -c Hbase.cpp -o Hbase.o
    Package thrift was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `thrift.pc’
    to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
    No package ‘thrift’ found
    In file included from Hbase.cpp:7:
    Hbase.h:10:24: error: TProcessor.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from Hbase.h:11,
    from Hbase.cpp:7:
    Hbase_types.h:10:20: error: Thrift.h: No such file or directory
    Hbase_types.h:11:35: error: TApplicationException.h: No such file or directory
    Hbase_types.h:12:32: error: protocol/TProtocol.h: No such file or directory
    Hbase_types.h:13:34: error: transport/TTransport.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from Hbase.h:11,
    from Hbase.cpp:7:
    Hbase_types.h:19: error: ‘string’ in namespace ‘std’ does not name a type
    Hbase_types.h:21: error: ‘string’ in namespace ‘std’ does not name a type
    ……

But I can see THrift log saying it started properly .”13/04/22 17:05:28 INFO ThriftServer: starting HBase ThreadPool Thrift server on /0.0.0.0:9090 ”

Could you please help me on whats wrong ?

Regards
    Anups

• Author
    Replies
    tedr

Hi Anups,

I am researching this issue, but perhaps this question would be better asked of the revolutionAnalytics (the makers of R) support.

Thanks,
    Ted.

anups

Hi,
    Thanks for looking into the issue.Wanted to update that I got to Fix that issue .
    Thanks a lot.

Regards
    Anups

Larry Liu

Thanks, Anups. Do you mind providing how you fixed this issue?
    Larry

Just follow this steps:
    1.Install all Thrift pre-requisites: http://wiki.apache.org/thrift/GettingCentOS5Packages
    2.Build Thrfit according to instructions: http://wiki.apache.org/thrift/ThriftInstallation
    3.Update PKG_CONFIG_PATH: export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/
    4.Verifiy pkg-config path is correct: pkg-config –cflags thrift , returns: -I/usr/local/include/thrift
    5.Copy Thrift library sudo cp /usr/local/lib/libthrift-0.8.0.so /usr/lib/

Ramesh Babu
    Participant

check pkg-config –cflags thrift
    it will returns like this
    -I /usr/local/include/thrift

if not returns the above then go to the following file

/thrift-0.9.1/lib/cpp/thrift.pc

and modify a line in the file to read:

includedir=${prefix}/include/thrift

by adding “/thrift” onto the end of the pre-existing line.

run “make” and “make install”

# make

# make install

Update PKG_CONFIG_PATH:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/

Verifiy pkg-config path is correct: pkg-config –cflags thrift , returns:

-I /usr/local/include/thrift

then your rhbase will install successfully

Chirag Chaplot
    Participant

I solved this problem the easy way.

1. Install Homebrew
    2. Type in brew install thrift
    This does all your work automatically
    3. Finally you need to copy the library to /usr/lib as explained in the github page on RevolutionAnalytics

The forum ‘HBase’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.