Home Forums Hive / HCatalog Issue with HIVE ODBC Drivers

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  abdelrahman 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,
    Did anyone also got a problem when trying to connect to a Hive platform with ODBC (Windows – HortonWorks Hive ODBC Driver 1.00.00.1009) ?

Here is the msg I receive when I test my connection:
    Attempting connection
    Failed to establish connection
    SQLSTATE: HY000[Hortonworks][Hardy] (22) Error from ThriftHiveClient: Invalid method name: ‘execute’

TESTS COMPLETED WITH ERROR.

Is there something we missed when installing our server ?

In advance, thank you !

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

abdelrahman

Hi David,

Please check in control panel >> add and remove programes >> Hortonworks etc.. . It should be installed there. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    -Abdelrahman

Collapse

David Marshall
    Participant

I was able to find the hortonworkd 32-bit odbc driver by opening the 32-bit Odbc administrative tool located in “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe” and running “as administrator”.

David

Collapse

David Marshall
    Participant

I find no Horton ODBC entries in the Windows Registry under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SOFTWARE

ODBC

Odbcinst.ini

David

Collapse

David Marshall
    Participant

I have the same symptoms that Rasheed posted on June 20, 2013. I’m running 32-bit excel. I downloaded and installed the 32-bit HortonworksHiveODBC32.msi on Windows 7 x64 and rebooted. When selecting System DSN and selecting the “Add…” button, the Hive ODBC driver is not listed.

I do see the driver files listed in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Hortonworks Hive ODBC Driver\lib”

I can run the “Hortonworks Hive ODBC Driver Configuration” program

How can I complete the registration? Is there a way to manually register the dll to complete the registration?

Thanks in advance,
    David

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Rasheed,

Can you please clarify if you are missing Hive driver in ODBC Data Source Administrator? Did you select System DSN tab?

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Hi – after downloading, installing and rebooting – the Hortonworks Hive ODBC Driver is not showing up in the list of odbc drivers.

i am unable to complete the intsallation

please advise

thx
    R

Collapse

Sasha J

Maxime,
    As of now, I am not aware of any free software which allows you to manage your Hive database from Windows.
    You may search for some commercial software or write your own wrappers…
    However, if you are interested in development tools, I will recommend you to consider Talend Open Studio. It is free Eclipse-based framework to visually build data-flow processes and generate executable Java code. It supports most of the Hadoop and ecosystem frameworks and has many components to process hadoop data.

Thank you!

Sasha

Collapse

Hello Akki,

Yes it’s working ! By the way, do you know a good free software for Hive on windows ?

Best regards.

Collapse

Hi Akki,

Since I wrote the post, I find the issue. We just have to replace in our script --service metastore by --service hiveserver.

I will check on monday.

Best regards.

Collapse

Hi Akki,

We set up a single node installation of HDP1.1 on a CentOs 5.8 serveur 64 bit using the manual install.
    We change the hive configuration file to connect to the mysql metastore and with the hive user hive --service metastore

Collapse

Akki Sharma

Hi Pierre,

Can you please provide more details of your cluster, setup and steps you performed to arrive at this error ?

Thanks,
    Akki

Collapse

Akki Sharma

Hi Pierre

We are looking into this. We will get back to you soon.

Best Regards,
    Akki

Collapse
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)