Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation "Jobs" tab missing in Apache Ambari Dashboard !!! Help!!!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kenny Zhang 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Sushma K
    Participant

HI,
    I have everything done full installation but now I realized “Jobs” tab is missing from the dash board!!! Please suggest what could be the reason and how I an get it? Thanks !

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Kenny Zhang

One more thing you can try is to install a HDP sandbox, there is a clear tutorial in the sandbox. Once you get more familiar with HDP, you can work on this cluster.

Hope this helps.

Kenny

Collapse

Kenny Zhang

Hi Sushma,

I feel like you have a lot of different questions, could you please split your question and post it in the respective/related forum? Like how to develop JAVA MR job, you can post it in the mapreduce section.

Here is some material you can start with first:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.9.0/bk_using-apache-hadoop/content/ch_using-apache-hadoop-4.html

Kenny

Collapse

Sushma K
    Participant

Hi Keny,

When I used amazon EMR, i used java to create my map reduce jobs, my question is, here we can use only pig scripts, or is there a way to run java based MR jobs for ambari hdp on ec2 ? For that matter even when I install hdp plug in in openstack?

Collapse

Sushma K
    Participant

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for the reply. I am unbale to access resource manager UI at the moment.

I feel it will be great if there is a step by step method with clear and simple example to create a cluster which processes the data and gives the result, because I am still not clear on how and where to start.

Thanks again .

Collapse

Kenny Zhang

Hi,

Pig is a platform for creating higher level data flow programs that can be compiled into sequences of MapReduce programs. So there is no need for Ambari to control it in the Web UI. You can type “pig” in the command line to start to use it, if you wan to write a pig script in a web UI, Please start with installing Hue.

Kenny

Collapse

Sushma K
    Participant

Hi again,

Ambari 1.4.3 supports pig along with other services like HDFS ,YARN , MapReduce2 , HBase , Hive , WebHCat , Oozie , Ganglia , Nagios , ZooKeeper . Again, I see about everything in the UI except Pig – I see absolutely nothing about pig in the Ambari web UI. Is it designed like that or any fault with my installation ?

Thanks

Collapse

Sushma K
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the earlier reply. I am quite new to Ambari, I want to stick to Ambari 1.4.3, so can you please tell me how to run a sample word count example in steps ? or general idea ?

Thank you

Collapse

Kenny Zhang

Hi, Sushma,

Ambari Jobs UI is never meant for submitting job, it was used for monitoring job in Ambari 1.2.5.

If you want to use any web UI to submit job, you can install Hue for this purpose. Please refer to: http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.9.0/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-hue.html.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Kenny

Collapse

Kenny Zhang

Hi, Sushma,

Ambari Jobs UI is never meant for submitting job, it was used for monitoring job in Ambari 1.2.5.

If you want to use any web UI to submit job, you can install Hue for this purpose. Please refer to: http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.9.0/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-hue.html.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Kenny

Collapse

Sushma K
    Participant

1. How do and where from should I upload the application ?.
    2. I think I should write pig scripts and upload, is not it ?
    3. In which version of ambari do I get the jobs UI ?

Collapse

Kenny Zhang

Ok, that’s expected. In Ambari 1.4.3, there is not JOB tab in the ambari UI. Please use the resource manger UI to monitor any application/ MR job instead.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Kenny

Collapse

Sushma K
    Participant

wget http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.4.3.38/ambari.repo

cp ambari.repo /etc/yum.repos.d

I used the above commands, so i suppose 1.4.3.3.8 !!!

Collapse

Kenny Zhang

Hi Sushma,

I assume you are talking about the job tab in the ambari webUI, right? Please let me know what version of ambari you are using.

Thanks,
    Kenny

Collapse
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)