Home Forums HDFS JobTracker Security Exception

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Molina 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hello guys any time when m start my haddop on linux and when i start any simple programme on that i got following exception can any of u help me to solve it

word cound demo method is called
    >>>>>>>>>>>>null
    13/05/17 14:15:31 ERROR security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:administrator cause:org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SafeModeException: JobTracker is in safe mode
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.checkSafeMode(JobTracker.java:5267)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.getStagingAreaDir(JobTracker.java:3794)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:578)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1393)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1389)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:416)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1136)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1387)

Exception in thread “main” org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SafeModeException: JobTracker is in safe mode
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.checkSafeMode(JobTracker.java:5267)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.getStagingAreaDir(JobTracker.java:3794)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:578)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1393)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1389)
    at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:416)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1136)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1387)

at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1070)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Invoker.invoke(RPC.java:225)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.$Proxy1.getStagingAreaDir(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.getStagingAreaDir(JobClient.java:1217)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmissionFiles.getStagingDir(JobSubmissionFiles.java:96)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:856)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:850)

Thnks
    Kuldeep

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Robert Molina

Hi Naresh,
    Have you tried previous suggestions made from this post. I also suggest you creating a new post to separate the issue from the original poster.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Hi guys i am new to hadoop. i done single node set up, when i am running the jar example i am facing the following exception. please help me.Thanks in advance
    13/10/18 12:03:58 ERROR security.UserGroupInformation:PriviledgedActionException as:hpuser cause:org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SafeModeException: JobTracker is in safe mode
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.checkSafeMode(JobTracker.java:5188)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.getStagingAreaDir(JobTracker.java:3677)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:587)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1432)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1428)
    at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1190)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1426)

Exception in thread “main” org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SafeModeException: JobTracker is in safe mode
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.checkSafeMode(JobTracker.java:5188)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.getStagingAreaDir(JobTracker.java:3677)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:587)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1432)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1428)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1190)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1426)

at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1113)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Invoker.invoke(RPC.java:229)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.$Proxy2.getStagingAreaDir(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:85)
    at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:62)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.$Proxy2.getStagingAreaDir(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.getStagingAreaDir(JobClient.java:1309)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmissionFiles.getStagingDir(JobSubmissionFiles.java:102)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:942)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:936)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:936)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:910)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:1353)
    at com.cupola.hadoop.WordCount.main(WordCount.java:60)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:160)

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Kuldeep,

Are you using apache hadoop or HDP on Ubuntu?

Larry

Collapse

hello tedr u told me that try to run this command but when i m use this command at that time notification message comes and that is(user hdfs not found).i mean i can use su commans with my current user and availavble user in my linux,so m not exactly getting what u r talking about.so can u give me the exact command to (leave job tracker from safe mode with directory path).

Thnks
    kuldeep

Collapse

tedr

Hi Kuldeep,

You could try to run it as ‘/usr/lib/hadoop/bin/hadoop dfsadmin -safemode leave’. But you may have trouble with it as you need to be able to run ‘su hdfs’ before running it, and from some of your previous posts it looks like you are not able to run the ‘su’ command. You should try to get this right on your system.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Hello guys
    using (hadoop dfsadmin -safemode leave) command we can leave jobtracker from safe mode
    but i have not idea how to use this command in linux bacause whenever i run this command on
    terminal m getting error like hadoop command not found…can any one guide me in this..

Thanks
    Kuldeep

Collapse

Hello sef,

I m using only one command at hadoop bin directory that is start-all.sh ,and using this command it will start jobtracker,task tracker etc….so is it not a correct way to start the job tracker??
    and i have follow this step that is described in this link.

http://mysolvedproblem.blogspot.in/2012/05/installing-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-on.html.

and m not able to run (su mapred
    hadoop mradmin -safemode get) this command can u plz brief explain this step m sorry sef but m totally fresher in hadoop so i have not much more idea abt hadoop

Thanks
    Kuldeep

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Kuldeep,

Can you please let us know how you started the Jobtracker and how your cluster was installed? Please make sure that you are using correct user to start services. Also please make sure that Jobtracker and HDFS are not in the safe mode.

You can try following commands:

to check mapreduce safe mode status:
    su mapred
    hadoop mradmin -safemode get

to check HDFS safe mode status:
    su hdfs
    hadoop dfsadmin -safemode get

if your components are in safe mode you can try to exit safe mode and try again. Depending on the size of the cluster and amount of data it might take long time to exit Safe Mode automatically.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)