Home Forums Hive / HCatalog JSON SERDE not working in hive 0.13.0

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ravi Vaswani 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Dheeraj
    Participant

Hi, I am testing on hive 0.13.0 . I am trying to create an external table with jars and i am giving the following for ROW FORMAT

ROW FORMAT SERDE ‘org.apache.hadoop.hive.contrib.serde2.JsonSerde’
    ROW FORMAT SERDE ‘org.openx.data.jsonserde.JsonSerDe’
    ROW FORMAT SERDE ‘com.cloudera.hive.serde.JSONSerDe’

But all of them are returning errors. below are the errors

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. Cannot validate serde: com.cloudera.hive.serde.JSONSerDe

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.object inspector.primitive.AbstractPrimitiveJavaObjectInspector.<init>(Lorg/apache/hadoop/hive/serde2/objectinspector/primitive/PrimitiveObjectInspectorUtils$PrimitiveTypeEntry;)V

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. Cannot validate serde: org.apache.hadoop.hive.contrib.serde2.JsonSerde

I am unable to understand what to do now. Any help please.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Ravi Vaswani
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks James for sharing the location of the correct jar file that is compatible with HDP 2.1 and Hive 0.13.
    Can we get access to the corresponding source code files, .java files of this serde? Because in future we may want to modify or customize the serde.
    Just wondering how do we get it.

Regards,
    Ravi

Collapse

James Frentress
    Participant

Hive13 requires updates to the SerDe. Hortonworks has been kind enough to make that change ot openx and publish it under dist here: https://github.com/sheetaldolas/Hive-JSON-Serde/tree/master

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)