Home Forums Hive / HCatalog JSON SERDE not working in hive 0.13.0

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  James Frentress 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Dheeraj
    Participant

Hi, I am testing on hive 0.13.0 . I am trying to create an external table with jars and i am giving the following for ROW FORMAT

ROW FORMAT SERDE ‘org.apache.hadoop.hive.contrib.serde2.JsonSerde’
    ROW FORMAT SERDE ‘org.openx.data.jsonserde.JsonSerDe’
    ROW FORMAT SERDE ‘com.cloudera.hive.serde.JSONSerDe’

But all of them are returning errors. below are the errors

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. Cannot validate serde: com.cloudera.hive.serde.JSONSerDe

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.object inspector.primitive.AbstractPrimitiveJavaObjectInspector.<init>(Lorg/apache/hadoop/hive/serde2/objectinspector/primitive/PrimitiveObjectInspectorUtils$PrimitiveTypeEntry;)V

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. Cannot validate serde: org.apache.hadoop.hive.contrib.serde2.JsonSerde

I am unable to understand what to do now. Any help please.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

James Frentress
    Participant

Hive13 requires updates to the SerDe. Hortonworks has been kind enough to make that change ot openx and publish it under dist here: https://github.com/sheetaldolas/Hive-JSON-Serde/tree/master

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)