Hive / HCatalog Forum

BEESWAX: json_tuple UDTF cannot handle $ (dollar sign) in JSON object key name

Pasha F

MongoDB JSON exports might include $ (dollar sing) in the object, making it impossible to run the query when ‘Enable Parameterization’ option is enabled. Key is treated as a parameter when specified in the query. I have tried escape character ‘\’ or ‘\\’ (without quotes) to no avail.

Runs fine when the ‘Enable Parameterization’ option is disabled. Furthermore, SerDe has an option to map, i.e. WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ( “mapping.myentities” = “my$entities” )

JSON extract:
    { “_id” : { “$oid” : “51d1d21de75dbf00050000b4″ } }
    { “date_modified” : { “$date” : 1372705189474 } }

Query extract:
    lateral view json_tuple(b.id, “$oid”) e as id
    lateral view json_tuple(b.date_created, “$date”) d as date_created

Thanks,

Pasha

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.