Home Forums Pig jython "processing new jar" each time

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

When using a jython script, the Jython interpreter has to do the “processing new jar” each time.
    This must be cached.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Vladislav,

Ok, then what you are asking for is not help with using it, but pointing out something that we could program for more efficient running of Pig scripts, i.e. a feature request/improvement. After making sure that it is not already requested I’ll add this to the database.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Hi,

I never said there were errors in the trace, just that the jar are processed each time pig is started.
    There is jython caching mechanism to use.
    It could make pig script using fonctions requiring processing jar much faster.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Vladislav,

I can see no errors in in what you have posted, are you saying that the script doesn’t work or what?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Hi,

Imagine a simple job using a simple jython script.
    myfuncs.py
    @outputSchema(“word:chararray”)
    def concat(str):
    return str+str

Register ‘myfuncs.py’ using jython as myfuncs;

Here are an extract of the trace :
    2013-05-13 11:01:11,755 [main] INFO org.apache.pig.scripting.jython.JythonScriptEngine – created tmp python.cachedir=/tmp/pig_jython_391280432392436532
    *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, ‘/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/jersey-json-1.8.jar’
    *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, ‘/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/jsp-api-2.1.jar’
    *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, ‘/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/jackson-core-asl-1.8.8.jar’
    *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, ‘/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/jersey-core-1.8.jar’
    *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, ‘/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/jaxb-api-2.2.2.jar’
    *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, ‘/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/avro-1.5.3.jar’
    *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, ‘/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/jackson-mapper-asl-1.8.8.jar’
    *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, ‘/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/log4j-1.2.17.jar’
    *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, ‘/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/guava-11.0.2.jar’
    *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, ‘/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/jettison-1.1.jar’

*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, ‘/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_17/jre/lib/ext/sunec.jar’
    *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, ‘/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_17/jre/lib/ext/dnsns.jar’
    2013-05-13 11:03:48,291 [main] WARN org.apache.pig.scripting.jython.JythonScriptEngine – pig.cmd.args.remainders is empty. This is not expected unless on testing.
    2013-05-13 11:03:48,664 [main] INFO org.apache.pig.scripting.jython.JythonScriptEngine – Register scripting UDF: myfuncs.concat

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Vladislav,

Can you please provide more detail?

Thanks

Larry

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)