Home Forums Hive / HCatalog Latest Hive and Tez installation

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Roshan Punnoose 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Roshan Punnoose
    Participant

Hi,

With Hortonworks 2.0.4 I was able to get hive and tez running fine with the installation instructions from: http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.4.0/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-tez-5-4.html. However, after upgrading to the latest rpms, tez no longer starts. Every job becomes a Mapreduce job by default, instead of a tez job. Any ideas?

I noticed that the HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH no longer seems to support ‘:’, so I added this to my hive-env.sh script to load every jar from the tez installation:
    ###########################################
    TEZ_AUX_PATH=/etc/tez/conf
    # Folder containing extra ibraries required for hive compilation/execution can be controlled by:
    for f in /usr/lib/tez/*.jar; do
    TEZ_AUX_PATH=${TEZ_AUX_PATH},$f;
    done

for f in /usr/lib/tez/lib/*.jar; do
    TEZ_AUX_PATH=${TEZ_AUX_PATH},$f;
    done

export HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH=”/usr/lib/hcatalog/share/hcatalog/hcatalog-core.jar,${TEZ_AUX_PATH}”
    #######################

Also, updated the jars on hdfs.

Roshan

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Roshan Punnoose
    Participant

I started a new instance with a fresh install of hadoop/hive/tez (all the latest). Followed the steps above, and the hive queries still always default to using regular mapreduce.

If I follow this tutorial: http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.0.2/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-tez-2.html. I get this exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.records.DelegationToken

Do I need to add yarn jars specifically to the hive/hadoop classpath?

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Roshan,
    Just wondering if you made some tweaks prior to the latest updates? Have you tried just installing fresh and not via an upgrade?

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)