Home Forums HDFS ldap for ambari setup

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jason Morse
    Participant

I do not see an Ambari section so I am posting this in here. I set the ldap settings in the ambari.properties file and still cannot authenticate using ldap. Do I need to change any of the default settings that are in the properties file or just add the given entries at the bottom (which is what I did)? I took the settings for authentication.ldap.base & authentication.ldap.managerDn from one of our working websphere servers that currently authenticates with ldap so I know those are correct. Just wondering if you have any suggestions for common problems.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ldap for ambari setup’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Jason,

Thanks for letting us know.

Ted.

Collapse

Jason Morse
    Participant

oops…it works now thanks a lot for your help!

Collapse

tedr

Hi Jason,

Should not the property have been authentication.ldap.baseDn, instead of authentication.ldap.base?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Jason Morse
    Participant

the base is set like below.

authentication.ldap.base=OU=myou,DC=mydc,DC=mydc,DC=mydc

Collapse

Jason Morse
    Participant

Yes it does messages below. I’m not sure why it says search base is not set. I did set that property. Thanks for your help!

22:46:50,831 INFO AmbariLocalUserDetailsService:62 – Loading user by name: myusername
    22:46:50,833 INFO AmbariLocalUserDetailsService:67 – user not found
    22:46:50,833 INFO AmbariLdapAuthenticationProvider:129 – Reloading properties
    22:46:50,834 INFO AmbariLdapAuthenticationProvider:79 – LDAP Properties changed – rebuilding Context
    22:46:50,834 INFO DefaultSpringSecurityContextSource:57 – URL ‘ldap://ldap.server.com:389/dc=ambari,dc=apache,dc=org’, root DN is ‘dc=ambari,dc=apache,dc=org’
    22:46:50,835 INFO FilterBasedLdapUserSearch:89 – SearchBase not set. Searches will be performed from the root: dc=ambari,dc=apache,dc=org
    22:46:50,842 INFO SpringSecurityLdapTemplate:235 – Ignoring PartialResultException

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    Does the /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log show any messages?

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)