Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox libhdfs testing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Stephen Bovy

I am trying to use the sandbox to do some libhdfs regression testing ::

I need to regression test the thread support with the thread test program This program uses “MiniHdfs”

I am getting the following permission error :: ( suggestions would be welcome, thanks )

I logged in as hue but did an su to root ::

Then I execute the following :: hadoop prgrm ./TstThreadHdfs

NOTE: the “prgrm” keyword was added by me to support libhdfs programs

I am getting the following error ::

nmdCreate: Builder#build error:
    java.io.IOException: the path component: ‘/var/lib/hadoop-hdfs’ is owned by a user who is not root and not you. Your effective user id is 0; the path is owned by user id 1004, and its permissions are 0755. Please fix this or select a different socket path.
    at org.apache.hadoop.net.unix.DomainSocket.validateSocketPathSecurity0(Native Method)
    at org.apache.hadoop.net.unix.DomainSocket.bindAndListen(DomainSocket.java:273)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.net.DomainPeerServer.(DomainPeerServer.java:42)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.getDomainPeerServer(DataNode.java:525)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.initDataXceiver(DataNode.java:492)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.startDataNode(DataNode.java:663)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.(DataNode.java:259)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.makeInstance(DataNode.java:1727)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.instantiateDataNode(DataNode.java:1642)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.startDataNodes(MiniDFSCluster.java:1188)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.initMiniDFSCluster(MiniDFSCluster.java:663)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.(MiniDFSCluster.java:334)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster$Builder.build(MiniDFSCluster.java:316)
    TEST_ERROR: failed on line 318 (errno: 2): got NULL from tlhCluster
    [root@sandbox suselinux-x8664]#

I do not understand this permission error ( root ) should be able to do anything and everything without restrictions !!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Stephen,

Who owns this directory and what are the permissions of var/lib/hadoop-hdfs?
    What does the TstThreadHdfs script(?) do?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)