Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Local OS is not compatible with cluster primary OS.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Gongqin Shen 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jeff Ferrell

Hey guys on my centos 6.4 install for the 2.0 stack i was getting the below error on the registration step.

Cluster primary OS type is redhat6 and local OS type is centos5
    Local OS is not compatible with cluster primary OS. Please perform manual bootstrap on this host.

For some reason the check os script was reporting centos5 even tho i was on 6.4. I’m still not sure why it was doing this but im guessing its something within the script code that is messed up. To solve the problem i manually edited the script file and set my os to centos6 see what i did below.

nano /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_server/os_type_check.sh

Then right above the echo line below i set the os manually
    current_os=$C6
    echo “Cluster primary OS type is $cluster_os and local OS type is $current_os”

This may not be the best solution but once i did that install went perfect. Just wanted to share to see if anyone else ran across this issue.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Gongqin Shen
    Participant

Thank you, Jeff! This tip really saved my day.

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Thanks Jeff. Yes, looks like a bug. Filed the Ambari JIRA here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-4101

Collapse

Jeff Ferrell

Here is the contents of the release file “CentOS release 6.5 (Final)”. I’m guessing when i did a yum update it updated to 6.5 and now the script file sees the 5 and thinks its centos 5. Bug for sure. enjoy

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Hi Jeff,

Can you post the contents of this file from your machine (you say it’s CentOS 6.4 but looks like Ambari is thinking it’s CentOS 5 for some reason)?

/etc/centos-release

Thanks.

Collapse

Mathieu DESPRIEE
    Participant

Thanks Jeff, you save my day …

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)