I am trying to configure ambari without access to the internet, I have successfully installed and configure a ftp server to work as a repository mirror.
I’ve looked around and after allot of configuration / re-configuration I’m still not able to get over the “403” error.
The following steps were followed:
1. installed vsftpd
2. created a repo in /var/ftp/pub/hdp/HDP-UTILS-188.8.131.52
3. ran createrepo in the ../HDP-UTILS-184.108.40.206/repos/centos6/repodata/
4. chmoded -R to 775
5. added a new repo to /etc/yum.repos.d/hdp.conf (triple checked the baseurl, it is correct, copy pasting it in a “curl baseurl” will work)
6. disabled iptables, selinux
7. able to curl,wget,navigate in a browser to ftp://fqdn-hostname/pub/hdp/HDP-UTILS-220.127.116.11/repos/centos6/repodata/repomd.xml
8. ran yum clean all
9. yum list will give me this error “ftp://fqdn-hostname/pub/hdp/HDP-UTILS-18.104.22.168/repos/centos6/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 – “The requested URL returned error: 403 Forbidden”
I’m trying to find out why I still get the 403 when running the yum install command. Do you have any sugestions?
PS. I actually went in python and using the pycurl module, called the URL and it gets an answer from the baseurl used in yum.repos.d.