Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Local repository won't work (The requested URL returned error: 403 Forbidden)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Teodor-Bogdan Barbieru 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hello,

I am trying to configure ambari without access to the internet, I have successfully installed and configure a ftp server to work as a repository mirror.
    I’ve looked around and after allot of configuration / re-configuration I’m still not able to get over the “403” error.
    The following steps were followed:
    1. installed vsftpd
    2. created a repo in /var/ftp/pub/hdp/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.17
    3. ran createrepo in the ../HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.17/repos/centos6/repodata/
    4. chmoded -R to 775
    5. added a new repo to /etc/yum.repos.d/hdp.conf (triple checked the baseurl, it is correct, copy pasting it in a “curl baseurl” will work)
    6. disabled iptables, selinux
    7. able to curl,wget,navigate in a browser to ftp://fqdn-hostname/pub/hdp/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.17/repos/centos6/repodata/repomd.xml
    8. ran yum clean all
    9. yum list will give me this error “ftp://fqdn-hostname/pub/hdp/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.17/repos/centos6/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 – “The requested URL returned error: 403 Forbidden”

I’m trying to find out why I still get the 403 when running the yum install command. Do you have any sugestions?

PS. I actually went in python and using the pycurl module, called the URL and it gets an answer from the baseurl used in yum.repos.d.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

I have found the issue eventually:

yum.conf was using a http proxy. Yum was also going through this proxy to access the local repository mirror, which was wrong in the case of hdp.conf.

This was fixed by adding inside /etc/yum.repos.d/hdp.conf the following line for each repo:

proxy=_none_

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Can you post the contents of your /etc/yum.repos.d/ambari.repo file?

I see you are using for the base url ftp://fqdn-hostname/pub/hdp/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.17/repos/centos6/repodata/repomd.xml What about using this instead?

http://fqdn-hostname/pub/hdp/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.17/repos/centos6/

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)