Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Mahout on windows

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Alan Krumholz 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Ryan Tao
    Participant

Hi,
    When is mahout put in HDP for windows?
    Is there any way that I can run mahout on windows now?
    Thanks

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

I don’t get any file norfound exceptions but something seems to be wrong with the output:

S
    I
    M
    I
    L
    A
    R
    I
    T
    Y
    _
    C
    O
    O
    C
    C
    U
    R
    R
    E
    N
    C
    E
    S
    I
    M
    I
    L
    A
    R
    I
    T

Collapse

Ryan Tao
    Participant

Hi Alan,

When you run RecommenderJob, Does the HDFS path work?

Collapse

when I run TrainLogistic with –input C:\Users\test\Desktop\donut.csv (path to a local file in my local file system) everything works fine.
    However, if I do –input /user/test/mahout/data/donut.csv (path to a file in HDFS) (this is how the example actually does it)
    I get an exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: \user\test\mahout\data\donut.csv (The system cannot find the path
    specified)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:120)
    at org.apache.mahout.classifier.sgd.TrainLogistic.open(TrainLogistic.java:316)
    at org.apache.mahout.classifier.sgd.TrainLogistic.mainToOutput(TrainLogistic.java:75)
    at org.apache.mahout.classifier.sgd.TrainLogistic.main(TrainLogistic.java:64)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,

Can you please let us know what error you got and full command you used? Maybe you need to add \hadoop-1.2.0.1.3.0.0-0380\bin to environmental variables?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Yes, that made the trick. Thanks you!
    I’m having issues reading the input from HDFS is there any option I need to set to let mahout know I’m giving it an HDFS path?
    IF I give a pth in my local computer it can read the file fine but if I give an hdfs path I get a file not found exception.

Thanks!

Collapse

Ryan Tao
    Participant

Hi Alan

So sorry for typing your name wrong.

Collapse

Ryan Tao
    Participant

HI Allen,

The version of mahout integrated in HDP1.3 is also 0.7.
    I have looked into the jar package you used, and found that TrainLogisitc doesn’t included in the package(mahout-core-0.7-job.jar), please try to use another one named mahout-examples-0.7-job, you will be able to find it from your location ‘C:\hdp-win\hadoop\mahout-distribution-0.7\mahout-examples-0.7-job.jar’. The jar contains the class you need. try it and let me know whether it works.

Thanks

Collapse

never mind I couldn’t find TrainLogisitcRegression inside any of the jars in the mahout folder.
    Maybe it’s because I’m running HDP 1.1
    If I install HDP 1.3 would I get logistic regression for mahout?

Thanks!

Collapse

I see you can run mahout job using this:

hadoop jar C:\hdp-win\hadoop\mahout-distribution-0.7\mahout-core-0.7-job.jar org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob -s SIMILARITY_COOCCURRENCE --input=/mahout test/mInput.txt --output=/mahout-test/output --usersFile= /mahout-test/users.txt

But I still can’t figure out how to run a logisitc regresion for example.

If I replace:

hadoop jar C:\hdp-win\hadoop\mahout-distribution-0.7\mahout-core-0.7-job.jar org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob

With:

hadoop jar C:\hdp-win\hadoop\mahout-distribution-0.7\mahout-core-0.7-job.jar org.apache.mahout.classifier.sgd.TrainLogistic --passes 1 --rate 1 --lambda 0.5 --input /user/test/mahout/donut/donut.csv --features 21 --output /user/test/mahout/donut/donut.model --target color --categories 2 --predictors x y xx xy yy a b c --types n n

I get a class not found exception.

am I missing something?

Collapse

tedr

Hi Ryan,

There is a road map, but no specific timeline as yet.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Ryan Tao
    Participant

Do we have a roadmap on what time the release with mahout will be release?

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

We are looking to add Mahout into our HDP for Windows in a forthcoming release.

Thanks for your interest,
    Seth

Collapse
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)