Home Forums MapReduce Map Reduce examples location

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Sushma K 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Sushma K
    Participant

Hi,

I am new to HDP 2.0.9 . I installed it through Ambari 1.4. And here is my summary of services :

NameNode, HBase Master, Ganglia and Nagios servers installed on hdpm1.hdp.hadoop(master1)
    SecondaryNameNode, History and OOzie server , Resource manager and Hive Metastore installed on hdpm2.hdp.hadoop.

I have 2 masters and 3 slaves. My input file is in HDFS for sure. I am not finding where my map reduce example jar files are. Can any1 please tell me where I can find them and on which node should I run the sample job.

Thank you.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sushma K
    Participant

Hi Again,

I found the location and ran “hadoop –config /etc/hadoop/conf jar /usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.*.jar wordcount /tmp/input.txt /tmp/wcoutput1″. Now I want to run the “test” programs for benchmarking ! Where can I find them? Why do not I see them in the above locations ?.

Actually I had a high difficulty in finding this example map reduce program examples. I found the location when I got some error in MapReduce 2 and saw the logs.

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)