Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox map Reduce Job Log files?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Marshall 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Dan Marshall
    Participant

I am writing to stdout in my Java program, but I cannot locate the output. I use the Sandbox web interface to find something for the application ID, but it is in a binary, unreadable format.

Am I in the right place?

My jobs (under yarn) are running fine, but i want to do some simple debugging by logging readable messages someplace – any advice appreciated.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dan Marshall
    Participant

That is not running on my sandbox.

Should I expect that to be up and running on a standard sandbox install – or do I need to configure something?

This might be related – I enabled Ambari, but that doesn’t seem to running either.

thanks

Collapse

iandr413

Hi Dan,
    You can access these logs and the stdout debugging at the url for the jobhistory server , It should be http://127.0.0.1:19888/jobhistory if using the sandbox. Once there, you can click on the job and then explore the logs for either the mappers or the reducers. In the log, there are sections for stderr, stdout, and syslog. Your statements should appear in the stdout section. I hope this helps.

Ian

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)