The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

MapReduce service alert issue

Young Joo Do

Hi
    I installed HDP 1.3.2 with ambari on VM instance.
    I have 2 problems.
    1 – Every services are normally operated except for the MapReduce service.
    It alerts that “JobTracker CPU utilization – Unable to contact host: ”
    2 – CPU % of HDFS master node very high and other nodes are normal. cpu wio hits over 1000 %.
    but, In Ganglia monitor, cpu wio is normal under 10%.

Since I had to install HDP on the VM environment, all the ports used in services were opened manually.
    I thought that the problem is some ports weren’t opened. so, I tried to open all the ports used in services.
    But I didn’t solve the problem.

How can I solve this problem?
    Please help me someone who knows.

• Author
    Replies
    Dave

Hi Young,

What OS did you install on?
    What error do you get when starting Map Reduce?
    VMs can report incorrect CPU usage due to the virtualization – where are you measuring the CPU usage?

Without any logs or further information it is difficult to pinpoint your issue.

Thanks

Dave

Young Joo Do

Hi Dave,

I installed HDP on centos 6
    I didn’t get a error message when starting a MapReduce,
    After MapReduce service started, I get a alert message below.

I’m measuring the CPU usage in the VM instances.

I want to give you any logs, but I don’t know where the log is.
    I’m sorry for confusing.

Thanks

Young Joo.

Dave

Hi Young,

The logs will be in /var/log/hadoop/mapred

Thanks

Dave

Young Joo Do

Hi Dave,

Here is the JobTracker log
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iqN3W2wlmhH01q4w8swPS10kqrkH5T2FfGrRXIArQW8/edit?usp=sharing

and the TaskTracker log
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G0GJQ7cQWBESerpNRR3Ug16bfDGIeXoOieWibog6ZAE/edit?usp=sharing

I’m sorry I missed access authority of the alert message, below is the alert and health check message pop-up window.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxQVPgf-fXUwTmxtVHM2QWJwQ1U/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks

Young Joo.

The forum ‘HDP on Linux – Installation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.