HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

MapReduce service alert issue

Young Joo Do

Hi
    I installed HDP 1.3.2 with ambari on VM instance.
    I have 2 problems.
    1 – Every services are normally operated except for the MapReduce service.
    It alerts that “JobTracker CPU utilization – Unable to contact host: ”
    2 – CPU % of HDFS master node very high and other nodes are normal. cpu wio hits over 1000 %.
    but, In Ganglia monitor, cpu wio is normal under 10%.

Since I had to install HDP on the VM environment, all the ports used in services were opened manually.
    I thought that the problem is some ports weren’t opened. so, I tried to open all the ports used in services.
    But I didn’t solve the problem.

How can I solve this problem?
    Please help me someone who knows.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Dave

Hi Young,

What OS did you install on?
    What error do you get when starting Map Reduce?
    VMs can report incorrect CPU usage due to the virtualization – where are you measuring the CPU usage?

Without any logs or further information it is difficult to pinpoint your issue.

Thanks

Dave

Young Joo Do

Hi Dave,

I installed HDP on centos 6
    I didn’t get a error message when starting a MapReduce,
    After MapReduce service started, I get a alert message below.

I’m measuring the CPU usage in the VM instances.

I want to give you any logs, but I don’t know where the log is.
    I’m sorry for confusing.

Thanks

Young Joo.

Dave

Hi Young,

The logs will be in /var/log/hadoop/mapred

Thanks

Dave

Young Joo Do

Hi Dave,

Here is the JobTracker log
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iqN3W2wlmhH01q4w8swPS10kqrkH5T2FfGrRXIArQW8/edit?usp=sharing

and the TaskTracker log
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G0GJQ7cQWBESerpNRR3Ug16bfDGIeXoOieWibog6ZAE/edit?usp=sharing

I’m sorry I missed access authority of the alert message, below is the alert and health check message pop-up window.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxQVPgf-fXUwTmxtVHM2QWJwQ1U/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks

Young Joo.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.