Home Forums MapReduce MapReduce2 Service Check has failures

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Pavel Hladik 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Pavel Hladik
    Participant

Hi, I would like to ask you why MapReduce2 Service Check failed even I have working (green) HDP2 services, MapReduce2 as well. There is a log:

err: /Stage[2]/Hdp-yarn::Mapred2::Service_check/Hdp-hadoop::Exec-hadoop[mapred::service_check::run_wordcount]/Hdp::Exec[hadoop --config /etc/hadoop/conf jar /usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.*.jar wordcount /user/ambari-qa/mapredsmokeinput /user/ambari-qa/mapredsmokeoutput]/Exec[hadoop --config /etc/hadoop/conf jar /usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.*.jar wordcount /user/ambari-qa/mapredsmokeinput /user/ambari-qa/mapredsmokeoutput]/returns: change from notrun to 0 failed: hadoop –config /etc/hadoop/conf jar /usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.*.jar wordcount /user/ambari-qa/mapredsmokeinput /user/ambari-qa/mapredsmokeoutput returned 255 instead of one of [0] at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp/manifests/init.pp:487

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Pavel Hladik
    Participant

I found this issue is related to setting property dfs.replication.max to 4 (50 from default Ambari 1.4.4 installation and 512 from Hortonworks docs).

We have 6 nodes, so value 4 will be enough.

Collapse

Pavel Hladik
    Participant

I use HDP 2.0.6 with latest Ambari 1.4.3.38-1 on CentOS 6.5. I have no that issue on test environment, when I was using dedicated host for client install, in production environment I installed client on master host and later to slave host.

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)