Home Forums Hive / HCatalog MetaException at /hcatalog/table/nyse_stocks/read, MetaException at /beeswax/tab

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,

Sorry to bother but this makes me helpless while learning, m really in the middle of the ocean !!
    My system got shut down abruptly, in turn lead to VM Image- abnormal shutdown. When restarted and tried to load VM, i saw a message of “Files already in use and bla bla”, i deleted some .lck files and then tried to start VM, it started properly and UI and browser shows up as expected. But when I go to HCatalog UI and try to browse data of existing tables or when i run some query i m seeing:
    MetaException(message=’javax.jdo.JDOFatalInternalException: Invalid index 1 for DataStoreMapping.\nNestedThrowables:\norg.datanucleus.exceptions.NucleusException: Invalid index 1 for DataStoreMapping.’)
    Request Method: GET
    Request URL: http://:8000/beeswax/table/sample_07/read
    Django Version: 1.2.3
    Exception Type: MetaException
    Exception Value:
    MetaException(message=’javax.jdo.JDOFatalInternalException: Invalid index 1 for DataStoreMapping.\nNestedThrowables:\norg.datanucleus.exceptions.NucleusException: Invalid index 1 for DataStoreMapping.’)
    Exception Location: /home/sandbox/hue/apps/beeswax/gen-py/hive_metastore/ThriftHiveMetastore.py in recv_get_table, line 1079
    Python Executable: /home/sandbox/hue/build/env/bin/python2.6
    Python Version: 2.6.6

Let me know steps to debug please.
    Also looking for a safer shut down from command line as root or any recommended user/pwd. instead of power off.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

HI Tri,

thanks for the solution. The reason that the files went missing is that is the nature of /tmp, Linux will often clean the files in /tmp out when restarting.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Tri Nguyen
    Participant

Hi,

Got this pb on Sandbox 1.3 after the host machine had crashed. When the VM is rebooted, you will notice (in the VM COnsole) that HiverServer2 and HCat Server startup script failed by the WARNINGs:
    Starting Hiveserver2
    env: /tmp/startHiverserver2.sh: No such file or directory
    Starting Hcat server
    env: /tmp/startMetastore.sh: No such file or directory

Solution: log in to the VM (Alt-F5) in the VM Console or by SSH to root@192.168.56.101 (pwd = hadoop)
    and restore these files:
    cp /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-hive/files/startHiverserver2.sh /tmp/
    cp /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-hive/files/startMetastore.sh /tmp/
    reboot

BTW, I’d like to know why these file went missing if the VM happen to be shutdown unexpectly.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Mahadev,

That means that your Thrift server didn’t start up. You can either start it manually or see if rebooting the Sandbox will bring it up.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Mahadev Veer

netstat -an | grep 9083 not returning anything but for 3306 responding with 0.0.0……

When clicked on Beeswax(Hive UI) on the menu throws the following error

Error!

Could not connect to sandbox:9083

but pig and rest of the menu are working fine

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Shaneel

The error ‘/home/sandbox/hue/apps/beeswax/gen-py/hive_metastore/ThriftHiveMetastore.py in recv_get_table, line 1079′ might indicate your Hive Thrift service is not running. Can you please check if HIVE metastore services, mysql are running correctly?

#Check Thrift Service
    netstat -an| grep 9083

#Check Mysql
    netstat -an| grep 3306

Please let me know.

Thanks
    Larry

Collapse

@ yi zhang,

Thanks for replying, appreciate you for that.
    Actually I used Chrome Browser, and I do not think that its an issue with file download because, the first time while i was looking at tutorials and executed queries everything went fine. I could see results on execution and could also see tables from Beeswax –> Tables –> Browse Data after I loaded that sample table from an archived Nyse Stocks sample data file, rename table and modified the data types as suggested in tutorials.

But now when I am running any query or when I try to see tables from Beeswax –> Tables –> Browse Data I am getting errors.
    When i click Browse Data I get this:
    Request Method: GET
    Request URL: http://192.168.47.128:8000/beeswax/table/nyse_stocks
    Django Version: 1.2.3
    Exception Type: MetaException
    Exception Value:
    Exception Location: /home/sandbox/hue/apps/beeswax/gen-py/hive_metastore/ThriftHiveMetastore.py in recv_get_table, line 1079
    Python Executable: /home/sandbox/hue/build/env/bin/python2.6
    Python Version: 2.6.6

When i Run query I get this:-
    Your query has the following error(s):
    FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Unable to fetch table nyse_stocks
    click the Error Log tab below for details,

Collapse

Yi Zhang

Hi Shaneel,

What browser are you using to upload the NYSE file? If it is Safari, is the preference “Open “safe” files after downloading” off?

Can you give us the steps you were doing?

Thanks,
    Yi

Collapse

please suggest, i tried to re-upload the tables and tried to see if files exists in /user/sandbox… from su hdfs by running a command from cli.

Collapse
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)