Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installed, but not recognized

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ajay D 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,

We want to evaluate HortonWorks for our organisation. We have a windows server 2008 with all required software installed:
    * .Net framework 4.0
    * Java JDK 6u31
    * Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (64 bits) (VERSION 10.0.30319)
    * Python 2.7.

The msi is installed with the following command:
    msiexec /i “hdp-1.1.0-GA.winpkg.msi” /lv “hdp.log” HDP_LAYOUT=”C:\Config\clusterproperties.txt” HDP_DIR=”C:\hdp\hadoop” DESTROY_DATA=”no”

My clusterproperties file looks like:
    #Log directory
    HDP_LOG_DIR=c:\hadoop\logs
    #Data directory
    HDP_DATA_DIR=c:\hdp\data
    #Hosts (Roles for the host machines in your cluster)
    NAMENODE_HOST=$ATT1
    SECONDARY_NAMENODE_HOST=$ATT1
    JOBTRACKER_HOST=$ATT1
    HIVE_SERVER_HOST=$ATT1
    OOZIE_SERVER_HOST=$ATT1
    TEMPLETON_HOST=$ATT1
    SLAVE_HOSTS=$ATT1
    #Database host
    DB_FLAVOR=derby
    DB_HOSTNAME=$ATT1
    #Hive properties
    HIVE_DB_NAME=hive
    HIVE_DB_USERNAME=hive
    HIVE_DB_PASSWORD=hive
    #Oozie properties
    OOZIE_DB_NAME=oozie
    OOZIE_DB_USERNAME=oozie
    OOZIE_DB_PASSWORD=oozie

Problem:
    When executing the installation command, the installation will fail after a few seconds. A pop message appears with the following message: “This application requires Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package Please install the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package ”

It seems that it cannot detect the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (64 bits) installation, which is installed!

Does anyone know what’s going on?

Kind regards,
    Stefan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Ajay D
    Participant

Hi,

I am using a “Windows Server Enterprise” edition and I am facing the same issue that the installed Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable is not getting recognized and the installation fails. Below is the command line MSI which I am using to install:
    msiexec /i “D:\hdp-1.3.0.0-GA\hdp-1.3.0.0.winpkg.msi” /lv “D:\hdp-1.3.0.0-GA\hdp.log” HDP_LAYOUT=”D:\hdp-1.3.0.0-GA\clusterproperties.txt” HDP_DIR=”D:\hdp\hadoop” DESTROY_DATA=”no”
    Can you please help me in resolving the error.
    Thanks,
    Ajay

Collapse

Jon Trowbridge
    Participant

I’m in the process of evaluating HDP and I have run into the same problem. The installed seems to think that the c++ 64bit 2010 redistributeable is not installed. I tried the uninstall/reinstall trick with no luck.

I have a slightly different config than Stefan-

Windows Server 2003 SP2
    MS Visual Studio 2010 installed
    MS c++ x64 2010 redistribuatble installed
    MS c++ x64 2012 redistribuatble installed as well

clusterproperties.txt set up to run in single node mode

Install parameters look like: msiexec /i “hdp-1.3.0.0.winpkg.msi” /lv “hdp.log” HDP_LAYOUT=”C:\temp\hdp-1.3.0.0-GA\clusterproperties.txt” HDP_DIR=”C:\hdp\hadoop” DESTROY_DATA=”no”

Thoughts?

Collapse

tedr

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was and that it is now working for you.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The problem is resolved now. It seemed that we installed the wrong OS version. We installed Windows server 2008, while it should be Windows Server 2008 R2.

Kind regards,
    Stefan

Collapse

tedr

Hi Stephan,

You could try uninstalling the C++ redistributable and re-installing it. As to why it is not detecting it that is a mystery to me as well. I am assuming that all of the software was installed as the same administrative user. I see another thing in your set up that may cause some problems once you can get past the C++ bit, that is it looks like you have the HDP_DIR and the HDP_DATA_DIR going to the same parent folder, this can cause the installation to fail.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)