HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

Missing jetty.ini file to change number of CPUs

Dan Sadler

I am trying to install Hortonworks and I have got so far, however cannot progress due to needing to change the number of CPU’s available. Here are logs that I am presented with.

16:03:50,680 INFO Server:266 – jetty-7.6.7.v20120910
    16:03:50,712 INFO ContextHandler:744 – started o.e.j.s.ServletContextHandler{/,file:/usr/lib/ambari-server/web/}
    16:03:52,169 WARN AbstractConnector:335 – insufficient threads configured for SelectChannelConnector@
    16:03:52,171 INFO AbstractConnector:338 – Started SelectChannelConnector@
    16:03:52,172 INFO Server:266 – jetty-7.6.7.v20120910

And a google search shows others have had the same problem with other things that use jetty – due to using a server that has a high number of CPUs and the fix is to set the number of threads to be > number of CPUs ( we have 80 ).
    However there is no jetty.ini file we can find and can’t find anything in the ambari config.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Dan Sadler

Disabling 50% cores results in the server working and no jetty warning so that confirms it is the number of threads in jetty that needs to be increased. I cannot however find the jetty file.

Hi Dan,

Did Ambari not install due to the WARN message?
    I can create an issue for this if you let me know what I should create it under – Large amount of CPUs cause Ambari server to fail on start?

Alpesh Desai

Seems like I am having the same issue. Ambari installs and starts but http calls does not respond, and that is what happens when using servers with a large number of CPU’s per online research.
    I think we need to update the number of threads in jetty.ini or upgrade to jetty 9.
    Can you provide the location of jetty.ini ?

05:20:57,718 INFO Server:266 – jetty-7.6.7.v20120910
    05:20:57,752 INFO ContextHandler:744 – started o.e.j.s.ServletContextHandler{/,file:/usr/lib/ambari-server/we
    05:20:59,297 WARN AbstractConnector:335 – insufficient threads configured for SelectChannelConnector@
    05:20:59,310 INFO AbstractConnector:338 – Started SelectChannelConnector@
    05:20:59,311 INFO Server:266 – jetty-7.6.7.v20120910

Sun Ww

I meet the same issue. And I modify AmbariServer.java to set ThreadPool higher. Then Ambari works fine.
    Maybe it’s a Jetty Bug.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.