YARN Forum

MR Sample Run Error

Bk Choi
    Participant

I run hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.4.0.jar in HDP 2.1.
    But Nodemanager failed to launch container!

2014-07-11 09:13:49,244 WARN  nodemanager.DefaultContainerExecutor (DefaultContainerExecutor.java:launchContainer(213)) - Exception from container-launch with container ID: container_1404968938905_0008_01_000001 and exit code: 1
    org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException: 
            at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:505)

In Job History Log, I found following error message.

Log Type: stderr
    Log Length: 118
    ... Could not find the main class: org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster ...
    Log Type: stdout
    Log Length: 0

yarn.application.classpath property of ambari console and /etc/hadoop/conf/yarn-site.xml file in nodemanager host is following:

/etc/hadoop/conf,/usr/lib/hadoop/*,/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/lib/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/lib/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/*

How can I fix this problem?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.