HDFS Forum

MRUnit support in HDP distribution

Hi,
    Does anyone know if the HDP distribution has the necessary jar files that support MRUnit for unit testing Map/Reduce programs? I imported all the jar files from the Sandbox VM into my Eclipse project and was trying to create a MapDriver and ReduceDriver (MRUnit classes) and could not find them in the distribution. Do I have to manually install MRUnit jars into my eclipse project to create MRUnit code?

thanks,
    Krishna

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    tedr

Hi Krishna,

Currently MRUnit is not supplied in the HDP distribution. So it does need to be downloaded manually.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Hi,
    I downloaded the latest version of MRUnit onto my Eclipse development environment and was able to successfully run junit tests on my mapper, reducer and job locally.

Krishna

tedr

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for letting us know that you have MRUnit working now.

Regards,
    Ted.

The topic ‘MRUnit support in HDP distribution’ is closed to new replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.