Home Forums MapReduce MRv2 job output compression issue

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Koelli Mungee 11 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi all

I’m using HDP 2.0 with MapReduce V2. I wanted to compress output of my M/R jobs so I set the properties mapreduce.map.output.compress and mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.compress to true in mapred-site.xml using ambari. However, the job did not compress the output and both those properties were false in the configuration viewed by application master. The explanation in app master was:

job.xml <- because mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.compress is deprecated

job.xml <- because mapreduce.map.output.compress is deprecated

Hadoop documentation says that those properties are in fact new MR v2 properties so it’s strange that application master has marked them as deprecated and even stranger that it changed them from their values in mapred-site.xml (they were not overridden by my job definitions).

It may be worth mentioning that I defined and submitted the job using HUE gui. It seems that HUE uses oozie to actually submit the job for the execution.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Koelli Mungee

Hi Miljan

I am testing this on my side as well. In the mean time can you also try setting

mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.compress.codec
    mapreduce.map.output.compress.codec

in addition to the properties you set to true?
    -Koelli

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)