Home Forums Ambari Nagios.cfg file being overwritten by Ambari

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Jones 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

John Jones

We have customizations to the /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg file on the Nagios server. After manually changing the file and performing a ‘kill’ and nagios -vp /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg our customizations are in place. However if I stop/start the Nagios process from the Ambari server the /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg file is overwritten with a default. Is there a configuration file on the Ambari server that I need to change instead of the local nagios.cfg file?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

John Jones

Here is the answer provided by support. I verified the solution is good. Ambari has template files that overwrite the nagios cfg files when the service is started by web interface. The typical location of the file that needs to be udpated by the root user is. /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-nagios/templates/nagios.cfg.erb. Once these are updated you can stop and restart the Nagios server with the customizations in place. One item of note is the ambari stop/start does not utilize cache files.

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Can you please let us know what customizations you are trying to do to Nagios?

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

John Jones

Update. After the kill and the nagios -pv command I issue the nagios -d /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg command to start.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)