Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Nagios password doesn't work

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tony 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Tony

Hi Everyone, I have attempted to install HMC and hadoop 5 times now, and each time, the nagiosadmin password doesn’t work. I have even ued htpasswd to try and reset the admin password, but no help.

I have looked in the nagios.log and the ambari-server log and don’t see anything related to Nagios. Any insight? I’ve tried looking through previous posts but didn’t see anything in the first 3 pages.

Thanks,

Tony

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Tony

Hi Sasha,

No, I meant out of the box meaning with your installation. The servers I’m using have been freshly provisioned with RHEL, nothing else on them except for “Setting up the BIts” from the installation instructions.

Collapse

Sasha J

Tony,
    do you mean that you did install nagios prior to Ambari installation?
    This way you are violating cluster deployment procedure…

But in any case, if you found solution, it should work for you now.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Tony

HI Sasha, look at my apache error_log and found the problem. Thank you for the tip.

Apparently out of the box, /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users is owned by root with permissions of 600. I tried changing ownership to nagios:nagios but that didn’t work. I had to keep changing the permission and eventually made the file 777.

Collapse

Sasha J

This may be related to your browser settings.

Collapse

Tony

Sorry, I guess I wasn’t clear in my last post either. Nagios seems to install fine. I pass the password during the installation wizard. When I go to the nagios UI, i enter

nagiosadmin as the username,
    and the password I have specified. The password is not accepted and I’m continued to be prompted.

Tony

Collapse

Sasha J

Tony,
    check your apache log and your Nagios log.
    Is there any error messages on the screen when you try to access Nagios?

Sasha

Collapse

Tony

Hi Sasha,

Yes, I have passed the password during installation. I’m positive there are no typos in my password. I have even run htpasswd command to try and reset the nagiosadmin password and restart apache but still no help.

Tony

Collapse

Sasha J

Tony,
    what do you mean by “nagiosadmin password doesn’t work”?
    you have to provide your password during the installation and use it after.
    Please, clarify…

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)