Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Nagios server install failed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  John Pfuntner 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

John Pfuntner
    Participant

Installing 1.3.2 on SuSE with Ambari, I got this error with the Nagios server:

notice: Finished catalog run in 0.16 seconds
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Exec[snmpd_autostart]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snappy::Package/Hdp::Snappy::Package::Ln[32]/Hdp::Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-nagios::Server::Packages/Hdp::Package::Remove_pkg[hdp_mon_nagios_addons]/Exec[remove_package hdp_mon_nagios_addons]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-nagios::Server::Packages/Hdp::Package::Remove_pkg[nagios-plugins]/Exec[remove_package nagios-plugins]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-nagios::Server::Packages/Exec[remove_package nagios]/returns: executed successfully
    err: /Stage[2]/Hdp-nagios::Server::Packages/Hdp::Package[nagios-plugins]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[nagios-plugins]/Package[nagios-plugins-1.4.9]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Could not find package nagios-plugins-1.4.9

Any suggestions?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

John Pfuntner
    Participant

I tried removing the nagios-plugins package that was installed and also removed nagios-plugins-extras just for good luck. Then I retried the install and all nodes completed the install successfully!! I’m not sure that was the right thing to do but it’s progress!

Collapse

John Pfuntner
    Participant

I think I have a more recent version of the Nagios plugins package already installed on the node:

# zypper info nagios-plugins

Information for package nagios-plugins:

Repository: SLES DVD Mirror
    Name: nagios-plugins
    Version: 1.4.13-1.35
    Arch: x86_64
    Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
    Support Level: Level 3
    Installed: Yes
    Installed Size: 1.9 MiB
    Summary: The Nagios Plug-Ins
    Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)