HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

Nagios server install failed

John Pfuntner

Installing 1.3.2 on SuSE with Ambari, I got this error with the Nagios server:

notice: Finished catalog run in 0.16 seconds
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Exec[snmpd_autostart]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snappy::Package/Hdp::Snappy::Package::Ln[32]/Hdp::Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-nagios::Server::Packages/Hdp::Package::Remove_pkg[hdp_mon_nagios_addons]/Exec[remove_package hdp_mon_nagios_addons]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-nagios::Server::Packages/Hdp::Package::Remove_pkg[nagios-plugins]/Exec[remove_package nagios-plugins]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-nagios::Server::Packages/Exec[remove_package nagios]/returns: executed successfully
    err: /Stage[2]/Hdp-nagios::Server::Packages/Hdp::Package[nagios-plugins]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[nagios-plugins]/Package[nagios-plugins-1.4.9]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Could not find package nagios-plugins-1.4.9

Any suggestions?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    John Pfuntner

I think I have a more recent version of the Nagios plugins package already installed on the node:

# zypper info nagios-plugins
    Information for package nagios-plugins:
    Repository: SLES DVD Mirror
    Name: nagios-plugins
    Version: 1.4.13-1.35
    Arch: x86_64
    Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
    Support Level: Level 3
    Installed: Yes
    Installed Size: 1.9 MiB
    Summary: The Nagios Plug-Ins
    John Pfuntner

I tried removing the nagios-plugins package that was installed and also removed nagios-plugins-extras just for good luck. Then I retried the install and all nodes completed the install successfully!! I’m not sure that was the right thing to do but it’s progress!

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.