Home Forums Ambari nagiso not working with ambari?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Seth Lyubich 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jason Cao
    Participant

hi, I have just installed the lates HDP 2.0 cluster, all looks good. but some system status is not displayed on ambari home page.
    including memory usage, network usage,CPU usage and Cluster Load. I guess nagios is not working well with ambari server, how do I troubleshoot this?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Michael/Jason,

Are you able to see graphs if you navigate to Ganglia page directly? Usually such issues happen if time is not synced in the cluster.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Michael Cao
    Participant

Any solution about this? My HDP 2.0.6 cluster has the same issue.

Thank you!

Collapse

Jason Cao
    Participant

hi Jeff
    thanks for your reply and sorry I didn’t answer your questions in time.
    1, yes I am looking at the Dashboard page, there are graph labeled like “memory usage” on dashboard but nothing is displayed in the graph, when I open ganglia web page directly, I do see some graph showing CPU and memory usage. but why they are not displayed on Dashborad?
    2, all the cluster machines’ time are synced with pool.ntp.org, the same for my Windows client which is used to browse the web page. so time should be synced well.

thank you.

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Jason,

A few things:

1) This is on the Dashboard page? On the Services or any of the Host pages, do you see the graphs?
    2) Those graphs are generated based on the metrics data collected in Ganglia. So it’s not related to Nagios.
    3) What is the time difference between the hosts in your cluster? All running ntp so time is in-sync? How about difference between your local machine (where you are accessing via browser) and the Ambari server host?

Thanks.

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)