Home Forums HDFS Namenode and SNamenode not starting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Kevin
    Participant

Hello,

I just reinstalled ambari with the last version, everything is working pretty fine, no warnings nor everything else… until Starting services, especially the Namenode and SNamenode.
    The Namenode gives me this log:

notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Namenode::Format/Exec[/tmp/checkForFormat.sh]/returns: NameNode Dirname = /data/hadoop/hdfs/namenode
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Namenode::Format/Exec[/tmp/checkForFormat.sh]/returns: ERROR: Namenode directory(s) is non empty. Will not format the namenode. List of non-empty namenode dirs  /data/hadoop/hdfs/namenode

The Snamenode gives me this log:

notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Snamenode/Hdp-hadoop::Service[secondarynamenode]/Hdp::Exec[su - hdfs -c  'export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start secondarynamenode']/Exec[su - hdfs -c  'export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start secondarynamenode']/returns: starting secondarynamenode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-secondarynamenode-evl2400471.out
    err: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Snamenode/Hdp-hadoop::Service[secondarynamenode]/Hdp::Exec[su - hdfs -c  'export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start secondarynamenode']/Exec[su - hdfs -c  'export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start secondarynamenode']/returns: change from notrun to 0 failed: su - hdfs -c  'export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start secondarynamenode' returned 1 instead of one of [0] at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp/manifests/init.pp:487

The datanodes start correctly, but they shutdown 10 seconds after since there are no namenodes ?

If you can help me, it would be great.

Regards,
    Kevin

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Kevin
    Participant

The /data/… is the only file I didn’t rm during the reinstallation. I think I will start over again.

I’ll keep you up to date.

Regards,

Kevin

Collapse

Kevin
    Participant

Hello,
    Yeah there was things in it
    # cd /data/hadoop/hdfs/namenode/
    # ls
    current in_use.lock
    I tried to use the hadoop command to format the namenode. Didn’t work, so I used the rm command.

I tried to start again the namenode, and it went to one step further. But this time I don’t understand what is wrong with the conf files:

err: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Namenode/Hdp-hadoop::Service[namenode]/Hdp::Exec[su - hdfs -c 'export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start namenode']/Exec[su - hdfs -c 'export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start namenode']/returns: change from notrun to 0 failed: su - hdfs -c 'export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start namenode' returned 1 instead of one of [0] at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp/manifests/init.pp:487
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Namenode/Hdp-hadoop::Service[namenode]/Hdp::Exec[su - hdfs -c 'export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start namenode']/Anchor[hdp::exec::su - hdfs -c 'export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start namenode'::end]: Dependency Exec[su - hdfs -c 'export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start namenode'] has failures: true
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Namenode/Hdp-hadoop::Service[namenode]/Hdp::Exec[sleep 5; ls /var/run/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode.pid >/dev/null 2>&1 && ps
    cat /var/run/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode.pid >/dev/null 2>&1]/Anchor[hdp::exec::sleep 5; ls /var/run/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode.pid >/dev/null 2>&1 && ps cat /var/run/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode.pid >/dev/null 2>&1::begin]: Dependency Exec[su - hdfs -c 'export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start namenode'] has failures: true
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Namenode/Hdp-hadoop::Service[namenode]/Hdp::Exec[sleep 5; ls /var/run/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode.pid >/dev/null 2>&1 && ps cat /var/run/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode.pid >/dev/null 2>&1]/Exec[sleep 5; ls /var/run/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode.pid >/dev/null 2>&1 && ps cat /var/run/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode.pid >/dev/null 2>&1]: Dependency Exec[su - hdfs -c 'export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start namenode'] has failures: true

Collapse

Dave

Hi Kevin,

You must ensure this directory is empty:

/data/hadoop/hdfs/namenode

As it looks like it has stuff left over from your failed install.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)