Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox NameNode metadata service

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Liu 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Artem Arapov

I’m trying to load some data from Sandbox, but keep getting error “sandbox/192.168.100.128:8020 Connection refused”. Tried to restart Sandbox and namenode service several times, but “telnet 192.168.100.128 8020″ saying “connection refused”.
    Has anyone had this issue?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Larry Liu

Hi, Artem

I did some test that my other VM running on NAT can’t talk to NAT ip on sandbox. But it can talk to the host-only interface.

I think this is how VM works.

Larry

Collapse

Artem Arapov

Greetings,
    i found out that namenode listened port 8020 on ip-address that belongs “host-only” VM network adapter. But connection with Aster was set up on another VM adapter (“NAT”), since sandbox has 2 of them by default. Switching connection to the host-only network resolved the issue and now it seems working fine. But it’s not a nice solution, it would be better to switch listener to desired ip-address. Does anyone know how to do that? Like command or config file?

Thanks for your help.

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Artem

Is your Aster Espress VM up running? If it is, can you try to turn it off and try again?

Larry

Collapse

Artem Arapov

Hi Seth,
    I have an Aster Express VM in the same network. I can obtain metadata from Sandbox via WebHCat Server (port 50111), but unable to load data.

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Artem,

Can you please clarify how you are connecting to sandbox address 192.168.100.128:8020? Do you have hadoop client installed somewhere else? In general this error looks like firewall or network issue.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)